The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've been thinking of going, but my dad still hasn't filled in the booking form, which he was going to do on Thursday. :rolleyes:
Reply 2
lol i'm amazed my parents knew about it to be fair! keep on in there :smile: i'm sure they'l get round to it!
Reply 3
Hi, I just booked a couple of days ago. Should be good fun! :smile: Are you doing the pathology & parasitology day?
Emms123
Hi, I just booked a couple of days ago. Should be good fun! :smile: Are you doing the pathology & parasitology day?

mammamia:0
i'm sure they'l get round to it!

Do you have any idea of whether there still spaces left then? Seeing as you've booked with the last few days, you might know. :p: I don't want to book and then be told it's full. :frown: That would be bad.

I won't be doing the P+P day if I go. It's another day or two off school in the last week before Christmas, plus an extra £100 or so I don't feel I can ask my parents for, as they have just said I can go on the school Classics/History trip next year. EDIT: I will go to the EDGE session if I can, but I think we need to take mock PSs and stuff for practice interviews? :s-smilie:

EDIT again: Emms123, have you checked out our applying for 2011 entry thread? (assuming that's what you're going for :p: ) (The link is in the third section in "School" in my sig.)
Reply 5
I don't know whether to go or not. My school made it out to be essential that you had to go if you wanted to do vet, :rolleyes: which I know isn't true, but I suppose it would still be good just for the social side of it, and the mock interview and stuff.

Dunno if I can afford £170 though. I'd have to fund it myself and I'm always skint around christmas. :s-smilie:
Reply 6
If you can't afford it, don't go. It's really not worth the money, in my opinion. I went last year, and it was fun, especially the Edge part, but it was mostly an excuse for a bunch of teenagers to get drunk and socialize. Like we need an excuse :wink:
I learn a little, but not a lot. Nothing more than I've learnt from work experience and research. The main positive thing about it is meeting and talking to like-minded people, but then again you can do that on TSR.

If you do go, you will have great fun, but don't stress out about not going. And I didn't even get to do a mock interview at Vet Medlink, pissed me right off.
mydearthing
I don't know whether to go or not. My school made it out to be essential that you had to go if you wanted to do vet, :rolleyes: which I know isn't true, but I suppose it would still be good just for the social side of it, and the mock interview and stuff.

Dunno if I can afford £170 though. I'd have to fund it myself and I'm always skint around christmas. :s-smilie:

Dad's finally filled in the form! He's posting it tomorrow. :woo:

In contrast to your school, my school hardly even mentioned it, apart from one line in a notice my form tutor lost/threw away without reading out. :mad: I only saw it in another sixth form form room, and had to ask my Chemistry teacher where the forms were. :rolleyes: She is head of Careers, though, not just the first random teacher I thought of asking. :p: (But she is random, bless her. :biggrin: )

My school's ridiculous for vet med, they have one person apply every few years or so, yet they have no clue whatsoever. It's all medic, medic, medic! :mad:
Reply 8
gernumblies
Do you have any idea of whether there still spaces left then? Seeing as you've booked with the last few days, you might know. :p: I don't want to book and then be told it's full. :frown: That would be bad.

I won't be doing the P+P day if I go. It's another day or two off school in the last week before Christmas, plus an extra £100 or so I don't feel I can ask my parents for, as they have just said I can go on the school Classics/History trip next year. EDIT: I will go to the EDGE session if I can, but I think we need to take mock PSs and stuff for practice interviews? :s-smilie:

EDIT again: Emms123, have you checked out our applying for 2011 entry thread? (assuming that's what you're going for :p: ) (The link is in the third section in "School" in my sig.)

Yeah I booked on the last day and booked the P&P day after the deadline, and my friend did too lol so there might still be a few spaces left!

My school was also crap at telling us about this, I found out because head of careers gave the booklet to a friend who wants to do medicine for some reason :P

& Thanks I will look at that thread!
Reply 9
gernumblies
Dad's finally filled in the form! He's posting it tomorrow. :woo:

In contrast to your school, my school hardly even mentioned it, apart from one line in a notice my form tutor lost/threw away without reading out. :mad: I only saw it in another sixth form form room, and had to ask my Chemistry teacher where the forms were. :rolleyes: She is head of Careers, though, not just the first random teacher I thought of asking. :p: (But she is random, bless her. :biggrin: )

My school's ridiculous for vet med, they have one person apply every few years or so, yet they have no clue whatsoever. It's all medic, medic, medic! :mad:

mine concentrates on medics soooo much too! they forced me to go to a meeting then only talked about fricking medicine!!! -.-
Emms123
Yeah I booked on the last day and booked the P&P day after the deadline, and my friend did too lol so there might still be a few spaces left!

My school was also crap at telling us about this, I found out because head of careers gave the booklet to a friend who wants to do medicine for some reason :P

& Thanks I will look at that thread!

Deadline. :gasp: I didn't know there was one...
nessa101
mine concentrates on medics soooo much too! they forced me to go to a meeting then only talked about fricking medicine!!! -.-

nessa101, I cordially invite you to join us in the 2011 early chat thread. (Find it in the Vet forum or the third section under "School" in my sig.) :grin:

EDIT: Ah, you've found it already. Never mind. :p:
gernumblies
nessa101, I cordially invite you to join us in the 2011 early chat thread. (Find it in the Vet forum or the third section under "School" in my sig.) :grin:

EDIT: Ah, you've found it already. Never mind. :p:

You're a dedicated recruiter my dear. :p: I'm impressed.
Reply 13
there are so many! its gonna get confusing! lol
mydearthing
You're a dedicated recruiter my dear. :p: I'm impressed.

Why thankyou. :hat2: :thumbsup: :crown:
Reply 15
gernumblies
Deadline. :gasp: I didn't know there was one...

Oh might have just a been a school one? the teacher said we had only one day left - maybe they were just pressurising us to book a place lol
Emms123
Oh might have just a been a school one? the teacher said we had only one day left - maybe they were just pressurising us to book a place lol

Probably, but it doesn't matter, I'm going anyway. :woo:
Reply 17
CGCcaptain2009
Hi I'm Lizzie, I am going on this years Vet medlink and it would be really nice to get to know some of you before I go!

hey Lizzie i'm Loretta :biggrin:
Reply 18
steph_v
If you can't afford it, don't go. It's really not worth the money, in my opinion. I went last year, and it was fun, especially the Edge part, but it was mostly an excuse for a bunch of teenagers to get drunk and socialize. Like we need an excuse :wink:
I learn a little, but not a lot. Nothing more than I've learnt from work experience and research. The main positive thing about it is meeting and talking to like-minded people, but then again you can do that on TSR.

If you do go, you will have great fun, but don't stress out about not going. And I didn't even get to do a mock interview at Vet Medlink, pissed me right off.

i went when i was in year 12 and i agree... really wasn't worth the money! it sounded amazing and all that but we just sat through lots of lectures that weren't helping us get into vet school, the edge bit was really worthwhile and it was great meeting other people who wanted to be vets and all that but most of the lectures went a bit over my head
Reply 19
CGCcaptain2009
Nice to meet you! What subjects are you taking for AS?

I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Spanish. You?

Latest

Trending

Trending