The Student Room Group

Invitation to interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
MarcvsAntonivs
Ah, mate. I've always considered Oxford as my first choice; that's why i haven't applied to Cambridge. BTW, I've just found out at uni's site that I should get a letter by 7th Dec if applying for Law.=) So, there's still some time. And hell yeah, I luv spedning time in London. To be honest, I go there almost each month! If I am fortunate enough, I will go to UCL or LSE instead of Oxford. But, on the other hand, If I were given a place at Oxford, I would certainly consider it! First, tho, I need my interview!:smile: Maybe they'll say that my application is way too good for any interview and simply give my that place! Hehe, we shall see, then!
Why did u actually pick Cambridge? What r u going to study there?

what qualifications are you doing?) i havent seen many people so confident that theyll get to oxford :o: why r u so confident?
It seems like the generally accepted wisdom "only a week before the interview date and by post" is not always true as I got my interview invite on the 11th, for Biochem at St Peter's.

I'm still clinging to the hope that by some freak of nature and failure of the system for allocating open apps that this is because there was only a few applicants to my particular college/course choice, but I'm sure it's much more likely because biochem is one of the few subjects without an admissions test or requirement for written work.
Reply 82
When I applied to New College last year, I got my interview letter (unfortunately saying that I didn't have one :frown:) on the last Thursday in November. Things may be different this year. I'm applying to Christ Church this year and their website says that the ltters are usually sent in late November if that helps.

Best of luck!
Reply 83
@P J Mutton:

I know that but everyone seems to have different information...

I think we will receive a letter within the next 2 weeks (hopefully)
Mate, I was just joking :biggrin: Ofc its going to be extremely tough to get to Oxford... Haven't u notice the irony in my message?:P Still, I'm doing IB, History, Geo and Eng at HL, and Polish, Maths and Bio at SL. The sum of my predicted grades is 41 ( excluding 3 bonus points as I haven't finished my EE yet ). If I got that grades after the final exam, I would be freaking happy!!!:P:smile:
Really, I did not want to sound arrogant in my previous message :smile: Just ironic!
Reply 85
I got the - will you be able to attend if shortlisted? - email an hour ago.. :smile:
Reply 86
MarcvsAntonivs
Mate, I was just joking :biggrin: Ofc its going to be extremely tough to get to Oxford... Haven't u notice the irony in my message?:P Still, I'm doing IB, History, Geo and Eng at HL, and Polish, Maths and Bio at SL. The sum of my predicted grades is 41 ( excluding 3 bonus points as I haven't finished my EE yet ). If I got that grades after the final exam, I would be freaking happy!!!:P:smile:
Really, I did not want to sound arrogant in my previous message :smile: Just ironic!

lol i didnt think u were being sarcastic ) im doing A levels and from my predicted grades Ill get 640 UCAS points, but I still ain't sure I can get a place in Oxford )))) I hope I do...
I hope u do! Actually, I havent looked it up how my IB score would convert into UCAS points.:P Im just hoping I will get a chance to do the interview and just be myself - pitch perfect! ( joking, again!:d )
I had to sit LNAT, yet ive got no bloody idea how it went. I heard the average score for applicants is 15/30. Well, I admit the test was rather... weird, pretty difficult, but I hope Ill put myself at the average at least!
unamed
I got the - will you be able to attend if shortlisted? - email an hour ago.. :smile:

me too which college are you applying for?
Reply 89
unamed

Haven't received this yet :s-smilie:.
unamed

:frown:

My inbox is depressingly empty. I'm applying for E&M at Merton, by the way.
Reply 91
MarcvsAntonivs
I hope u do! Actually, I havent looked it up how my IB score would convert into UCAS points.:P Im just hoping I will get a chance to do the interview and just be myself - pitch perfect! ( joking, again!:d )
I had to sit LNAT, yet ive got no bloody idea how it went. I heard the average score for applicants is 15/30. Well, I admit the test was rather... weird, pretty difficult, but I hope Ill put myself at the average at least!

ive just looked at it, 41 points is 632 points which is amazinggg.ive heard the average points of those studying at oxford is about 520 so we both have by predictions have much more than the average, even if a grade below will still leave us a high average... but i dont think that matters a lot, in fact in my opinion it's the interview that matters the most...
Reply 92
MagikMonkey
:frown:

Hi,
Yeah it's rather strange isn't it. I shouldn't worry, (though I expect you're just curious like most of us) the admissions staff know best :smile:.

E&M looks like a great course! Best of luck for that! Is this your first time applying to Oxford? Which other Unis have you applied to?

Regards
Reply 93
Original post by &#12470
me too which college are you applying for?

St Edmund Hall.. you?

P J Mutton
Haven't received this yet :s-smilie: .

maybe because you're not international?

MagikMonkey

if you're an international student... it will not be so... soon! if not, I guess you could wait?
[engineering at St Edmund Hall] :smile:
unamed
St Edmund Hall.. you?

Hertford, yeah i think this is just for internationals
Reply 95
[QUOTE="ザビヤ"]
unamed
St Edmund Hall.. you?

It must be so expensive to travel from abroad. Safe journey if you called :smile:.
P J Mutton
Hi,
Yeah it's rather strange isn't it. I shouldn't worry, (though I expect you're just curious like most of us) the admissions staff know best :smile:.

E&M looks like a great course! Best of luck for that! Is this your first time applying to Oxford? Which other Unis have you applied to?

Regards

Yeah, fingers crossed. I'm applying from the EU, Oxford's my only option on the UCAS application. Makes me all the more desperate to hear back quickly so I can book flights (or not)! What course are you applying for?
Reply 97
P J Mutton

It must be so expensive to travel from abroad. Safe journey if you called :smile:.

expensive, yes; but it's worthwhile! :smile: Thank you!

Original post by &#12470

what course are you applying for?
I do agree with u. From what ive heard, interviews is quite of an importance. Lets hope that once we're invited, well do great!:smile: I need those additional 3 points ( i do not know whether u get what i mean about IB system? ) so i get 44/45 for my predicted grades. How many UCAS points would it make??
Regards!
Reply 99
also having similar problems :wink:
I applied for Experimental Psychology and am still kooking forward to getting an invitation.

I am also form Poland, facing similar problems due to booking plane tickets and stuff. Being a bit nervous :frown: cause my frienda applying to cambridge already got answers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending