The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I didn't used to, but I have started to now. I'm more interested in the things we're learning about this year than I was last year.
No.
I prefer reading about things that interest me, rather than the composition of desert soils :facepalm:
I kind of have to for latin... I was given a reading list at least. I read round Psychology because I like it and its what I want to do at uni, so I put it in priority to latin. I don't have much time to do that though...
blipflip
This question is really just another way of asking "do you guys have a natural interest in your subjects?"

:ditto: and the easiest way to do and show this in your personal statement is to read around the subject.
I don't do that much reading around my subjects, but what I learn in A-levels really interests me anyway.
Reply 46
Dr Acula
Only for history... and only even then because I really like russia :ahee:

glad to hear that xD
Reply 47
I do in Biology ( but then again, my dad is a biology teacher, and so tends to talk to me about it alot) and I'm really interested in french and german, so I try to read a good quality french/german novel every fortnight, but I dont read round for eng lang - though I probably should.
Yep, but only for my Uni subject (German). So far this term I've read "Ich fuehl mich so fifty-fifty", "Erzaehlungen auf deutsch", a book of Rilke's poetry, and started the first harry potter book in German. Finding the time is easy- I just do half an hour or an hour every evening, simples :smile:
i've read around my subject for physics as it is what i wanna do at uni and am interested in it. I also read around a bit for biology in the neuroscience area as it interested me
Reply 50
i dont read round its just long! i would like to sure! but when doing bio physics and history aswell as being headboy having a job and reading ppe related texts for uni i simply do not have the time! any free time i have is for going out relaxing or revision :'( i would prefer to get good grades than spend time reading irrelevent information regardkess if i do or do nto enjoy it
Reply 51
Well...I've read some stuff on law since that's what I want to do at uni, but it's not one of my subjects. And I read things for history, but not always relevant to what we're actually doing! For French I tend to just read/listen to the news. Not too strenuous or anything, but on the whole I think it all helps.
Reply 52
Nahh not really, easy enough if you revise the course material to get an A, don't see the point in more work than is needed.
I do, but I didn't at A-level.
on a scale of 1-10, 1 being nothing, i'm a 5
haha nope, i really dont have the motivation to do any more work than necesary.
to be honest just look at your notes the day before your lessons to refresh your memory
Never.
Reply 58
i read nat. geographic for geography but nothing else
Very occasionally I look physics things up on Wikipedia to read about applications of what we're learning about, and I might start doing the same sort of thing for psychology. I don't have any extra books apart from normal textbooks and revision guides as like others have said I prefer to concentrate on learning and memorising what's actually in the course. :smile:

Latest