The Student Room Group

ADVICE!

Hi all,
i have a question from a law firm in China asking me "Please describe a difficult situation that you have encountered and how you overcame it." Now this is a fairly standard question which is used everywhere ,I just wanted to know what would be the best way of answering these questions as I am fairly certain that there is some sort of 'criteria' that firms are looking for.

Here is what I have written so far (the answer BTW shouldnt be longer than a parahraph):

Whilst working at Heathrow Airport there was a time where there was no staff rostered for the next day due to staff members being sick and various religious celebrations. Because it was a Saturday there was no way of contacting the Human Resources department (particularly so as it was past 5pm) I decided to call up staff members and drew up an emergency rota for the next week (as some staff were to be absent for more than a week) and decided to sacrifice 4 of my own rostered off days for work. I believe I remained level headed, showed my teamwork skills and showed that I could manage more than my delegated responsibility.

Thanks everyone,
Mandeep

Latest