The Student Room Group

Kisses in texts - Mean anything?

Scroll to see replies

I usually put one x for family and friends (male or female) and two xx's for my bf. He always sends two xx's back!
nothing at all.
i'm a girl. with guy friends if they do first i reply with one and don't think much of it. with boyfriends I mimic what they do b/c "x" means really nothing to me so I don't care all that much...only time I've ever thought much about it is with one close guy friend who never puts "x" on anything to anyone txt/facbook/email, so when he started putting an x on occasional txts & emails to me, it struck me as out of ordinary...then we pulled (he made first move)...so yeah it can mean something but rarely does...
Irrelevance
I feel bad now. :sad:

Hahah, are you trying to split up me and my boyfriend :p:
Reply 44
my boyfriend gets 3, so do my best friends.
relatives and randoms get 1. haha :smile:
Clements-
Hahah, are you trying to split up me and my boyfriend :p:

It's more I didn't expect you to tell me about that than anything else. As for splitting you and your boyfriend; don't flatter yourself. :talkhand:
Reply 46
Really dpends on the person.....I would say no.....Loads of ppl do it to mates :dontknow:
Irrelevance
It's more I didn't expect you to tell me about that than anything else. As for splitting you and your boyfriend; don't flatter yourself. :talkhand:

I see. And please :plz2:
I know a lot of people are saying this is petty - and yes, it is a petty thing to worry about. But it doesn't mean you're wrong!

I always put 2 or 3, as I think it looks abrupt and rude if I don't, and it's a way of finishing it. I put several to my boyfriend, or if I'm in a really bad mood or annoyed with someone, I put none. It really does gauge my mood and how I'm feeling. It also depends on the phone - my old phone had 'xxx' in the dictionary, so I used that, but this one doesn't so I'm lazier...

Okay in-depth analysis done! xxx :wink:
They really do, but its the deviation from the mean number of x's they give you which really tells you something. I know when im happy with someone i go overboard and go for the full 5, wheras its really just polite to give them 2 or 3.
Reply 50
nope, i put xxx down for all my textes to my bestest frds and do it when people sent me xxx
Clements-
And please :plz2:

You had your chance. :talkhand:
Reply 52
I always put one if I put anymore it either ends up yx or www or wwwx but that's predictive text for you!
This reminds me of that facebook group that's been going around recently. I normally just put 1 on a text.. I've never really read into these things to be honest :dontknow:
Irrelevance
You had your chance. :talkhand:

:emo:
Reply 55
i put three! to everyonee! ahaaa :smile:
44335557#4446#3999444664#222 2555555#999999999999999999999

And that's how 'kisses' came to be.
Reply 57
umop apisdn
My x's mean something.

Female friends tend to get 'xx', male friends don't get any.

If I'm single and like a guy, the more x's I put the more interested in him I am.

If I'm in a relationship, the x's vary on my mood. If there are none, I'm in a bad mood, if there are loads I'm in an affectionate/good mood.

this :yes:
Reply 58
how about "ly xx" :unsure:
Reply 59
how many did you put?
girls do put a lot normallyy...depending on their age it varies.
i put twwwooooooo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending