The Student Room Group

The Modern Warfare 2 Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Any1 on PC wanna play with??
Reply 781
Barton1
WHat exactly does an EMP do online,. other than knock out UAV?

shuts off all electronics, so no care packs, helicopter calls etc.
Barton1
WHat exactly does an EMP do online,. other than knock out UAV?

If they have AC130 / pavelow / harrier ETC it knocks them down. RDS + holo sights are knocked off as they're battery powered. Heartbeat sensors, thermal scopes, sentry guns etc are all knocked off too.

Basically anything with electronics or that's battery powered.

p.s. chopper gunner > ac130
Reply 783
Playing through single player now. on Mission #8. Good stuff so far, seems quite a bit more difficult than the previous games to me, but it's all good.
Reply 784
How much are Tesco selling it for instore?
Reply 785
Playing through it now and honestly, the premise and the game itself is incredibly lame. I have respect for the armed forces but it just seems like one big cliched propaganda tool. I mean, falling to my death and being consoled with words of patriotism from Dick Cheney. Hahaha, Dick Cheney!!! Besides that, most of the game play is just thoroughly unbelievable, the lack of static cover and the ability to charge into swathes of enemies (playing on hard mode) without too much hassle, it just stinks of typical FPS arcade style fare which kinda died for me years ago. The airport scene is a perfect example, being able to take out dozen of armed elite units as part of a team of five rag-tag terrorists. The fact that people can even put this game in the same breadth of works such as Uncharted 2 is shocking, thats not to say I want to rain on anybody's parade or criticize those for liking what I dont but it irritates me that so many people will disregard a title which has so much attention to detail, wonderfully witty dialogue, fulfilling SP campaign, engrossing multiplayer (which unlike COD4, is more forgiving for inexperienced players or those with actual lives) and rigorous play-testing in favor of Activision's latest hype machine. Its not to say MW2 is ****, because its not, not by any means. But its not the second coming of Christ and the fact that IGNUK (****** reviewers, like pretty much all other UK reviewers) choose to give this a 9.4 is just bizarre!!

Thats not to say its all bad though, currently in Rio and I must say the voice acting is superb and the dialogue seems very genuine, but it still seems to treat war and its fallen like soulless bots which can be called upon and wasted one each objective is completed.
Reply 786
Roobsa
I love how they've redone Hidden. That was definitely the best mission in MW1.

Is that the sneaking mission yeah? I failed that one. :frown:

Haven't been bothered to go through that mission all over again. Difficult!
Reply 787
Lucy :)
How much are Tesco selling it for instore?

£40 on its own.

£25 if you buy a £40 game with it.

i.e. Not worth it.
Reply 788
ozzyoscy

Ok? And?

Just saying it's a rubbish deal for everyone except CEX.
I once bought Need for Speed for £40 from Game, then realised I couldn't afford it and took it back that same day. I lost the receipt and they offered me £25 quid for it.
Reply 790
geoff_yin
Is that the sneaking mission yeah? I failed that one. :frown:

Haven't been bothered to go through that mission all over again. Difficult!

I failed on hardened so I had to put it down to the easy mode, but my time for that level was 27 minutes :eek: and the estimated time in the menu says 3 and a half or so. Those estimated times are so far off.
Reply 791
Psyk
CEX is a total rip. They sell preowned games for the same prices other shops sell them new. You pay the same, the developers get nothing.

For someone trading in a game or getting a game price matched with CEX I don't think they'd really care do you?
Reply 792
geoff_yin
£40 on its own.

£25 if you buy a £40 game with it.

i.e. Not worth it.

Ahh but I have £35's worth of Tesco Vouchers~! :cool:

And no Sainsburys
Reply 793
bigmo7
For someone trading in a game or getting a game price matched with CEX I don't think they'd really care do you?

Trading in games can be an ok deal. But quite often you'll only get £10 or so for a game they might sell for £30 or £40. If you're buying though, wouldn't you feel a bit hard done if you bought a second hand game for the same price as a new one?
Just found out who prisoner 627 was. All I can say is 'lol'. Didn't see that one coming at all :rolleyes:
Reply 795
Psyk
Trading in games can be an ok deal. But quite often you'll only get £10 or so for a game they might sell for £30 or £40. If you're buying though, wouldn't you feel a bit hard done if you bought a second hand game for the same price as a new one?

Quite often? I've traded in loads of games and found that price matching against Cex is brilliant....I got £35 for [noparse]NFS:s-smilie:hift[/noparse] at Gamestation and 10% for being a student so the game I bought was just a fiver....
I don't see the point of buying newly released games from Cex...
Reply 796
Magnanimity
Just found out who prisoner 627 was. All I can say is 'lol'. Didn't see that one coming at all :rolleyes:

I actually didn't....I was like omg!!! Happy days! :biggrin:

I swear most people will finish the story mode on this first cos the online is so ****** up for the time being...
Reply 797
KDR has gone down from 4.20 to 3.54 :frown:
Can anyone give me a preference of Xbox/PC?
Reply 799
is anyone else having issue with the online play with the PS3, i hear the update messed it up, having issues

Quick Reply

Latest