The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
VL86
I think someone's already replied about EMA/ALG so yep, look into that, and other possible options (maybe see someone from Connexions or something like that about finance?)

To answer your question, I went the graduate route - I didn't apply for vet med first time round, but got to the end of my degree and knew for sure that I wanted to be a vet. Experience-wise I don't regret it at all, but financially it is difficult (and I was one of the lucky ones to get an offer at a vet school where they don't charge full fees to grads). But I still had to go back to school last year and do A level chemistry in a year because I hadn't done it first time round and it is part of the requirement from the vet schools - unless you can prove that you've done the equivalent of a level chemistry in your degree. So if you did decide to go the graduate route then it's something to bear in mind that you may be asked for the bio and chem a levels anyway!

It also looks favourable on your application if you've gone back to do more a levels because it shows that you have the right attitude and dedication to the course.
You sound like you're off to a pretty good start - hope that helps a bit!

I know this is a really old thread but just wondering, how did u manage to get into vet as a grad without paying full tuition fees that grads usually have to?
Just looking into all my options coz if Im not successful this year Ive been advised to go do zoology degree and progress to veterinary from that but its puttin me off doin it knowing Id never manage to find 18,000 a year lol
tink_89
I know this is a really old thread but just wondering, how did u manage to get into vet as a grad without paying full tuition fees that grads usually have to?
Just looking into all my options coz if Im not successful this year Ive been advised to go do zoology degree and progress to veterinary from that but its puttin me off doin it knowing Id never manage to find 18,000 a year lol

nottingham, RVC and cambridge only charge undergrad fees for the grad courses (though at cam you have some extra costs too)
Reply 22
Annaconda
nottingham, RVC and cambridge only charge undergrad fees for the grad courses (though at cam you have some extra costs too)

Ah right thats cool then. I cant apply to any of the scottish ones unless I re-did Alevels coz I did a vocational course but still its good to know that I have other options just incase Im not successful this year thanks for gettin back to me so quick as well :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending