The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
the story would normally end -

'... and then i went and made meself a cup o tea in the office and got back to me utterly comfy deskjob And there i surfed the net and played wif me PSP for the next twenty years, wif plenty of spare time to see to my family till redundancy in 2029.'
Darkworld
It's more of an experience to why I want to become a doctor than a reason: (The REAL reason)

One day I was riding to school on my scooter and all of a sudden I heard an ambulance siren. I could not see. I could only hear it. I knew I had to get out of the way, to help this person, I could be responsible for his death/life with my road actions. I had to help this man! As the abulance passed a sigh of relief schocked my body; I only wished with a burning desire that I could've done more. Then I realised something; I could! I could become a doctor that no one thought I could, I could save this man's life and I could bring the sigh of relief I felt after helping that man upon myself again.

Aaanyway... would they like that at an interview? Or should I lie and just say I like the way science and people interlink with ever changing dynamics, probems, etc etc etc?

LOL that was epic. I was immersed within the story.
Reply 62
Darkworld
It's more of an experience to why I want to become a doctor than a reason: (The REAL reason)

One day I was riding to school on my scooter and all of a sudden I heard an ambulance siren. I could not see. I could only hear it. I knew I had to get out of the way, to help this person, I could be responsible for his death/life with my road actions. I had to help this man! As the abulance passed a sigh of relief schocked my body; I only wished with a burning desire that I could've done more. Then I realised something; I could! I could become a doctor that no one thought I could, I could save this man's life and I could bring the sigh of relief I felt after helping that man upon myself again.

Aaanyway... would they like that at an interview? Or should I lie and just say I like the way science and people interlink with ever changing dynamics, probems, etc etc etc?

Bravo, this truly is a succession of all the medicine cliches.
I'm going to rip this apart by pointing out it's biggest flaw, that is, your sudden urge to do medicine, I personally believe that wanting to do medicine is more of a personal development/growth step than just an afterthought of a ridiculous incident that didn't even involve you. I suppose the funny thing to ask is, did anyone else on the road just suddenly become overwhelmed with a 'burning desire' to pursue a career in medicine, just because they blocked the ambulance's way. Ooooooh! Just a last question - how did you know it was a man inside the ambulance, or am I missing something?
That 'story' was EPIC!
Ataloss
Firstly - glad to hear it. :yep:

In answer to your question - fit nurses. :p:

sexist

even the 10% that are male?! :sexface:
digitalis
How so?

Just expecting quite a few prospective applicants to come up with the standard helping people BS, like you mentioned rather than the quite frankly bizarre honesty of the weird answer I quoted!
Though this is TSR, don't know why I was suprised...
Reply 66
foamyfruit
sexist

even the 10% that are male?! :sexface:

i suspect they are 'is meaning, macca.
Reply 67
Orihime
Bravo, this truly is a succession of all the medicine cliches.
I'm going to rip this apart by pointing out it's biggest flaw, that is, your sudden urge to do medicine, I personally believe that wanting to do medicine is more of a personal development/growth step than just an afterthought of a ridiculous incident that didn't even involve you. I suppose the funny thing to ask is, did anyone else on the road just suddenly become overwhelmed with a 'burning desire' to pursue a career in medicine, just because they blocked the ambulance's way. Ooooooh! Just a last question - how did you know it was a man inside the ambulance, or am I missing something?

aye. he is 'iro Nakamura, macca.
Reply 68
All i could think of when i saw this thread was this ! ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps-9so3c83Q
najeezy
All i could think of when i saw this thread was this ! ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps-9so3c83Q

hehe! I thought of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AwsegxfzN8 :biggrin:
Reply 70
Would having cancer as a teenager and love the experience of helping people be good reasons to put in a personal statement for medicine?
Reply 71
safis
Would having cancer as a teenager and love the experience of helping people be good reasons to put in a personal statement for medicine?

Well I suppose you could relate your unique experience (bearing in mind that not many Med applicants would have faced such a serious ordeal).....But you ought to think of other reasons as well to show that your not just using the cancer as the only reason for going into medicine.....

Latest

Trending

Trending