The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You shouldn't have lead him on you stupid bitch.
Reply 61
I have a guy who is in the early stages of doing that to me.

It does get scary but I think you should talk to someone about it. DON'T unblock him or give him hope of any sort by replying to his texts.

You don't deserve this. Everyone has done silly things they regret and the people telling you that you shouldn't have lead him on are being very close-minded because I'm sure they must have done something similar at some point.
You hear about things like this on the news where the stalker has tracked the person down and somehow gotten themselves married to their obsession via identity theft. Have fun :smile:
Fake your own death?
Reply 64
what goes around comes around
And what if he was playing a bet with his brother to see who could pull? Didn't think he could be doing the same, playing the same game as you did but he's still playing. Either that, or he values feeling like someone likes him more than you did to take it so lightly. It ain't nice to screw with peoples feelings...how do you know he didn't genuinely like you? Maybe he was recovering from feeling a social outcast or didn't really have many friends in his life and for the first time found a decent friend of sorts. Your game ain't so fun now eh? Not your fault he's so pushy, but thats what happens when you mess with peoples feelings. Tell him to take a hint and leave, call that a final warning. If he bothers you any more just block and delete him from everything and let it be a lesson to you
morgonia
the people telling you that you shouldn't have lead him on are being very close-minded because I'm sure they must have done something similar at some point.

You and OP both need to watch a movie, its old but i assure you it's quite good, i would say check it out

Trading Places.

Look it up. You could both learn a valuable lesson from it.
Reply 67
HDS
You and OP both need to watch a movie, its old but i assure you it's quite good, i would say check it out

Trading Places.

Look it up. You could both learn a valuable lesson from it.

I'm not saying that what OP did was right. But I think people should be a bit more sensitive when the situation has gotten out of control.

We've all done foolish things and learnt from those mistakes (and OP definately won't be leading guys on again) but she doesn't need to be told what she did wrong. She needs advice.
Reply 68
persistence pays
Poo_Inc
Please just help me, Well about 2 ish years ago..Yes 2 years..When my family went on hoilday me and my sister made a bet (very foolish I know), like a 'pulling' kind of bet , to keep ourselves entertained.
It was only for 3 WEEKS, and this only happened really on the last week.

Anyways, I just had to pick this guy who I knew fancied me as I wanted to win the bet .He isn't a looker, I felt really bad for leading him on and even sick/dirty because I don't even fancy him. (it didn't do anything couldn't really go through with it most I did was a peck on the lips ON THE DAY BEFORE WE LEFT)

Not once did I say anything like 'were together' it's was like a one off thing, nothing serious and he knew it. We were both old enough to know this (17)

I did give him my number and email, because I felt bad.

But I wish I hadn't, the guy was calling at early hours of the morning, texting constantly and emailing me too.

I tried everything! blanking his calls and emails, some how he seems to think were an 'item' and in a relationship, he psychologically trying to twist words in emails he says how i 'promised him i wont leave him'. That is totally not true! why would I say that to someone I met on hoilday. and he keeps calling me his 'gurl' it makes me feel sick. Also staying stuff like he can't live without me and that he loves me.

I finally emailed him stating to leave me alone then changed my email address and number,Which was about a year ago.

Now about 2 months ago I created a facebook, and 2 days after my facebook was created he friend requested me (only has 11 friends on fb). I honestly found that very creepy knowing that he has been searching my name in search engines constantly for years. Needless to say, I ignore he's friend request then the following day he added me as a friend again, I ignore it about 5 times and he kept sending friend requests so I blocked him. A month later I cleared my blocked list hoping that he had gotten the picture but no, he was back friend requesting me a couple days later (see really obsessed the guy types my name everytime), Now hes been sending pokes.

I don't know what to do? I'm tired of being the nice girl I feel like telling him to leave me the **** alone and stop stalking me, my other email is filled with junk mail from him remember it's almost going to 2 years.

I feel hes partly doing this because i'm practically the best offer there is good looking (not to sound conceited), wealthy and live abroad.

I just feel sick any time I think of him, his face and everything.

What can I do? i've ignore the guy for about a year and a half and he's just not getting the picture?

serious advice please.

You sound like Mariah Carey :p:
Reply 70
Poo_Inc

i'm practically the best offer there is good looking (not to sound conceited), wealthy and live abroad.

I had a little sympathy until I reached this part. Though I still think you're a troll.

But if you're not, I hope he locks you in a basement for 24 years.
steffi.alexa
Block him and change your privacy settings so that you don't turn up on the search or in your friend's friends lists for people who aren't already your friends... If that makes sense!

This is a good idea, that way if he makes a new profile to avoid the FB blocking he still wont be able to search for you. Block his email address and MSN if you use it. Is your sister in contact with him? if she is you could explain the situation to her so she doesn't pass on your number.
GodspeedGehenna
Leave him blocked. Don't check your old email. Change your number.

What's the problem?

You have to admit OP, this is first rate advice. Do this.
You led him on I hope he spunks a creamy cake for you.
Reply 74
RightSaidJames
Why did you unblock him? Why haven't you reblocked him?

Also, you need to tell your parents about what happened so they don't go back there. Yes, you and your sister will look like bitches, but it serves you right for messing with people like that.

I thought that me ignoring his friend request several times that he will realise I don't like him. I unblocked him about a month after I blocked him because I thought him now not being to search my name in search engines will prove that I truly don't want he in my life. But I have no re-blocked.

I don't think I can ever tell my parents, thats out of the question period. Some of you guys say I get what I deserve but I don't really think thats fair? c'mon 3 weeks guys?! a peck on last day...I don't see how that equates 2 almost 2 years of virtual stalking.
Reply 75
HDS
You're a bitch of a bitch for what you did to begin with but it's fair game i guess lol. Right honestly the best most serious and probably quickest and easiest (in the long term) option is obtaining a restraining order. if you telling him not to call you doesn't work then maybe Bubba making him his bitch will.

Oh also report 2 fb for harassment.

Although I truly regret leading him on, Some of you need to realise that I did absolutely nothing! I just pecked him that night before we left. All we did was play cards in the house or him come just to play my brother's console. I didn't seduce him like some deranged sexual predator. So what this excuses what he has been doing for 2 years?!
Reply 76
morgonia
I have a guy who is in the early stages of doing that to me.

It does get scary but I think you should talk to someone about it. DON'T unblock him or give him hope of any sort by replying to his texts.

You don't deserve this. Everyone has done silly things they regret and the people telling you that you shouldn't have lead him on are being very close-minded because I'm sure they must have done something similar at some point.

Thanks for understanding, it is a little scary knowing in september i'll be going back there, I really don't want to go because of this.
Poo_Inc
Thanks for understanding, it is a little scary knowing in september i'll be going back there, I really don't want to go because of this.

Well if you're not willing to tell the truth then you'll have to just deal with it. Which sounds like a really stupid thing to do, you could potentially be putting yourself at risk.

I'm not saying you deserve to be stalked or anything like that, but you are partially at fault for leading him on. If you hadn't then he wouldn't be doing this to you now. So I think you should own up to your parents, that's the only way this can be swept under the table.
Reply 78
lmao

man i really want a stalker :frown:

btw OP he's probably going to kill you then sodomise your corpse
Ignore every response in this thread.

Don't ignore him, he's obviously a lonely guy who is confused by your silence and thinks that maybe he's got a shot, or that there could be some error in communication, or something.

Just get some balls and tell him straight: "I'm sorry but I'm not attracted to you at all". The only way to end this for both of you is to stop playing retarded little games and talk to him honestly.

Latest

Trending

Trending