The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
underscore123
Hi im currently in year 12 and i just wondered what the course is like and how people found it. I am doing maths economics history and french and possibly further maths AS next year. I reckon i can get at least AABB at as. So do i have a decent chance, and what kind of gcse's do people have for this course i assume they will be high as its one of the most popular A&F course going. Thanks for any advice.

Why don't you email them?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
beatleboar
Why don't you email them?

never really thought of that but i would like to hear from people who are on the course or applying this year thanks for the advice anyway
Reply 3
I applied to Warwick A&F for 2010 entry, too.

Doing Maths, Economics, Accounting and Psychology for my A Level. They gave me an offer of AAB (including Econs and Maths) PLUS either a C at A-Level or a B at AS in one additional subject. [i.e.: AABb/AABC].

So, if you think you can get AABB, then you should go for it and give it a shot. Just make sure your PS is good.
Reply 4
ronfiles
I applied to Warwick A&F for 2010 entry, too.

Doing Maths, Economics, Accounting and Psychology for my A Level. They gave me an offer of AAB (including Econs and Maths) PLUS either a C at A-Level or a B at AS in one additional subject. [i.e.: AABb/AABC].

So, if you think you can get AABB, then you should go for it and give it a shot. Just make sure your PS is good.

Hi cool thanks, what did you get at gcse? and what did you get at AS. Maybee i should of done something easier instead of German, as i'm going to find it really hard to get a B at as in German. Out of interest what did you get at AS. thanks
Reply 5
underscore123
Hi cool thanks, what did you get at gcse?

Well, I didn't do GCSE - I studied in Singapore, where I did O Levels. Not sure how the grades translate here, but it was 6 A1s (English Language, Maths, Add. Maths, Physics, Art, Combined Humanities), 2 A2s (Chemistry, Biology), and a D7 (for Higher Chinese - I'm not good at it, obviously).
underscore123
and what did you get at AS.

Won't know till March - I only started in April 09, so I'm only doing my AS exams this month (which was why I didn't reply earlier - studying. oops.:p: )

underscore123
Maybee i should of done something easier instead of German, as i'm going to find it really hard to get a B at as in German. Out of interest what did you get at AS. thanks

Well, maybe you should speak to your teacher about it, if it's not too late.
Reply 6
It's alright, slightly boring, not an incredible amount of work - I'm not sure why anyone would choose to study it unless they planned to go into a quantitative investment job though (investment banking or financial management etc.)....
Reply 7
Altruistic1
It's alright, slightly boring, not an incredible amount of work - I'm not sure why anyone would choose to study it unless they planned to go into a quantitative investment job though (investment banking or financial management etc.)....

i'm applying for management at warrick, although if I get an offer, I am considering switching for A&F. do you know if they let you do that?

and also, if i want to get into investment jobs, do you think the A&F would be better than management?
Reply 8
Does anyone know when they send out the bulk of their offers?
Reply 9
andcho
i'm applying for management at warrick, although if I get an offer, I am considering switching for A&F. do you know if they let you do that?

and also, if i want to get into investment jobs, do you think the A&F would be better than management?

Depends on their numbers in early October. And yeah, A&F would be probably be better than management for IB.

Latest