The Student Room Group

UCAS payment problem! HELP!

Hello people, I'm in a rather troublesome situation now. So if any of you could enlighten me, please help me....... :frown:

I was trying to submit my UCAS payment via debit card yesterday but all 3 of my cards failed! I remembered trying multiple times for a card and then, today when I was trying to pay with another card, i got prompted with a message like this;

"You have exceeded the permitted number of attempts to pay by credit/debit card. Please call +44 (0)871 468 0 468 for further assistance. UK BT landline calls will cost no more than 9p per minute. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary."

Has anyone experienced a problem like this before?? How do I solve it? The office is not opened until Monday and I'm an international applicant, urgh, I hate myself for submitting my application so late, screw this!! and I only have few more days before the dateline, so if any of you could help me, i'm desperate for your help. T_T

Thanks a million
Reply 1
The deadline is January 15th! You have loads of time, just call them on monday and pay over the phone. Simples!
Reply 2
Oh really?? I mistaken it as 31st of Dec, omg that's a major relief, thanks bro! But I guess the only way is to call them up right?
Reply 3
ccm123
Oh really?? I mistaken it as 31st of Dec, omg that's a major relief, thanks bro! But I guess the only way is to call them up right?

Yeah, unless it lets you pay by card online again in a few days but phone is probably the easiest way.
Reply 4
Hmm okay, I'll wait for monday and c what can I do from there. Btw, I would like to know, does sending ur application earlier guarantee a higher chance of you getting an offer? If compared to candidates who submitted theirs close to the dateline?
Reply 5
ccm123
Hmm okay, I'll wait for monday and c what can I do from there. Btw, I would like to know, does sending ur application earlier guarantee a higher chance of you getting an offer? If compared to candidates who submitted theirs close to the dateline?

in a nutshell, no
Reply 6
Crap, I just emailed UCAS and it says this;

Please note that UCAS will be closed for
the
Christmas Break from 6.00pm on Wednesday
23rd December 2009 until 08.30am on
Monday 4th
January 2010.

Does this means that the customer support center would be closed until 4th of Jan??
Reply 7
ccm123
Crap, I just emailed UCAS and it says this;

Please note that UCAS will be closed for
the
Christmas Break from 6.00pm on Wednesday
23rd December 2009 until 08.30am on
Monday 4th
January 2010.

Does this means that the customer support center would be closed until 4th of Jan??

Probably, but don't worry 4th Jan still gives you 11 days! Keep on trying online for the time being and give them a call on monday just in case.
Reply 8
n_251
Probably, but don't worry 4th Jan still gives you 11 days! Keep on trying online for the time being and give them a call on monday just in case.

Uh, I guess I'll do what u've said, thanks for your help. Sorry if I'm a bit paranoid because I really wanna get this done asap.
Reply 9
n_251

, No, don't keep trying online. Leave it completely for a few days in case it resets itself.
Reply 10
Look, don't worry, because you still have time. Also, the universities are closed so it's not like they will read it until they go back after New Year's.
Furthermore, harsh fact, but your application is not considered early. People have been sending it since September.

Goodluck with your application =)
Reply 11
Juno
, No, don't keep trying online. Leave it completely for a few days in case it resets itself.

Umm, it can?? So u're saying I shouldn't log in/touch my UCAS apps at all?
Reply 12
ccm123
Umm, it can?? So u're saying I shouldn't log in/touch my UCAS apps at all?

It might do, although probably won't. But if it comes up with that message you should definitely not keep trying like the previous poster suggested.
Reply 13
I just tried calling, sadly they are not open until monday. Oh well, guess I can just wait. And I tried again today, didn't work either, probably calling is the only solution.
Reply 14
is your reference completed? does it have a tick next to it? if it doesnt thats your problem.
Reply 15
Original post by Nadooo

Original post by Nadooo
is your reference completed? does it have a tick next to it? if it doesnt thats your problem.

No, the problem is this thread is from 2009
Reply 16
Original post by Juno
No, the problem is this thread is from 2009

I didnt realise sorry....

I meant to write in the "Why is it not allowing me to pay for my UCAS Application?" thread instead :redface:
Original post by n_251

Original post by n_251
The deadline is January 15th! You have loads of time, just call them on monday and pay over the phone. Simples!

how to pay over the phone???
Original post by ccm123

Original post by ccm123
Hello people, I'm in a rather troublesome situation now. So if any of you could enlighten me, please help me....... :frown:

I was trying to submit my UCAS payment via debit card yesterday but all 3 of my cards failed! I remembered trying multiple times for a card and then, today when I was trying to pay with another card, i got prompted with a message like this;

"You have exceeded the permitted number of attempts to pay by credit/debit card. Please call +44 (0)871 468 0 468 for further assistance. UK BT landline calls will cost no more than 9p per minute. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary."

Has anyone experienced a problem like this before?? How do I solve it? The office is not opened until Monday and I'm an international applicant, urgh, I hate myself for submitting my application so late, screw this!! and I only have few more days before the dateline, so if any of you could help me, i'm desperate for your help. T_T

Thanks a million

I also had this problem? Could you do something?
Original post by ccm123

Original post by ccm123

Thanks a million

=((

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending