The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
kellywood_5
You could teach in a 6th form college or lecture at uni.

If I only qualified to work in FE, then I couldn't work in schools, where as if I qualified to work in schools, I could work in both. I want the flexibility of being able to apply for jobs in both.

Lecturing in uni needs a masters/Phd, which
a. I don't know if I'm good enough for
b. I probably can't afford
c. Seems a hell of a lot of work (and money!) for what I'd get out of it.

I'm going to email my old politics teacher and see what he says
Reply 21
BTW, does anybody know where I could find the applications per place (or even better, offers given out) of PGCE courses?

If there's only a hand full I could do, then I'd like to find out how competative they are!
Reply 22
do u mean how many ppl apply to one pgce course ? its fairly competitive i think, when i went for my pgce interview in april, it was the colleges 4th round of interviews, and in the interview was 20 ppl (for primary) and only 2 places remaining vacant
Frances
If I only qualified to work in FE, then I couldn't work in schools, where as if I qualified to work in schools, I could work in both. I want the flexibility of being able to apply for jobs in both.

Lecturing in uni needs a masters/Phd, which
a. I don't know if I'm good enough for
b. I probably can't afford
c. Seems a hell of a lot of work (and money!) for what I'd get out of it.

I'm going to email my old politics teacher and see what he says

Well, if you'd be happy teaching subjects like PSHE, citizenship and RS, you could do an 11-18 social sciences PGCE and apply to schools that offer A-level politics, although it is quite rare in schools. I think you're more likely to find grammar schools that do it.
Reply 24
kellywood_5
Well, if you'd be happy teaching subjects like PSHE, citizenship and RS, you could do an 11-18 social sciences PGCE and apply to schools that offer A-level politics, although it is quite rare in schools. I think you're more likely to find grammar schools that do it.

Yep, that's what I was planning to do :smile:
Frances
Yep, that's what I was planning to do :smile:

Good luck :smile:
Reply 26
kellywood_5

I don't think you'll struggle to find places which offer some branch of politics/government; most sixth-forms/schools with sixth-forms will have it as an option.
Peacey
I don't think you'll struggle to find places which offer some branch of politics/government; most sixth-forms/schools with sixth-forms will have it as an option.

Really? Where I live, I think a couple of grammar schools and a 6th form college have it, but that's about it. Might be different in the rest of the country though.
Reply 28
kellywood_5
Really? Where I live, I think a couple of grammar schools and a 6th form college have it, but that's about it. Might be different in the rest of the country though.

You'll probably find it's an option offered via distance learning if you don't have the teachers in school.

Latest

Trending

Trending