The Student Room Group

Animation A-Levels?

Hey,
I'm choosing my As-levels soon and I'm trying to decide whether to take Music Technology or Further Maths (I'm taking Maths, Physics and Art anyway) or should i take both and drop one for A2? I have looked at Bournemouth university and that looks like a really good course.
I havent taken IT because the course doesnt have anything to do with animation and doesnt look very interesting. Also, we can do a curriculum enrichment programme in our second year and one of those is creative media and animation,
I will also have to create a portfolio of work but Im wondering if i will be able to cope with 5 AS levels and then have to do animation at home. Is there anyone who has gone into animation that could give me some advice because I'm really unsure what to do.
Thanks
Hey im hoping to go to bournemouth college of arts this year coming, I am finishing A2 and have Textiles, Art, an history. I applied and have just recieved two interviews with them for illustration BA Hons and Animation Production BA Hons. Really i believe they are looking for someone who is passionate about what they want to do, art of course is vital but you need to also bulk your portfolio with life drawing, which is superb for practice anyway, I highly reccomend it.
You dont have to of tried animation out, thats what you are going there to learn, but try and experiment with it, i brought it into this years A2 Art for my project. Look at and research the basics and get some books on it if you can, like the animators survival kit. Always try to improve yourself and look for critique, sometimes its hard to take but its vital.
I hope this helps, ive just joined this site looking for people going to the AUCB.
Good luck in your choices, your studies, your education and career. Keep working hard and be passionate :smile:

Latest