The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh god, i have an interview there on wednesday. Is is really that bad? I wasn't previously aware of its rubbishness before reading this O.o
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 21
KateRosie
He didn't even show me out and expected me to find my way out of a building which I wasn't familiar with.

Did your interview take place in a maze? You should have gone armed with a ball of string then you may have been able to escape unscathed.
Yeah sorry I probably was being a bit bitter I guess, I was just so annoyed. But it is a crap university and I don't really care, I got into the University I want :smile::smile::smile: I posted this because I wanted people to know how crap it is!!
Reply 23
Shame to make other people feel bad about going there, just cos you're too incompetent to make an independent exit from your interview.
Reply 24
Well I had my interview yesterday and it was fine as far as I'm concerned, friendly staff, nice facilities etc. If you're saying it's a crap uni based purely on your experience during your interview then I dont think I'm gonna take any notice of that >.>
x2xLucyx2x
Well I had my interview yesterday and it was fine as far as I'm concerned, friendly staff, nice facilities etc. If you're saying it's a crap uni based purely on your experience during your interview then I dont think I'm gonna take any notice of that >.>

Reply 26
gbduo
I am part of Solent, but I go to Warsash Maritime Academy so we are merely affiliated thank god, and I gotta say, I completely agree, Solent is a load of **** with really bad mickey mouse degrees! Go to the real University in Southampton.

I'm starting at Warsash this year
Reply 27
Fionelo
I'm starting at Warsash this year

Cool. :biggrin:
Reply 28
I would be laughing after getting rejected. they can shove there degree if they cant even organise a simple interview correctly. My friend goes there and she has been messed about by lecturers and the university system as a whole so many times.
*whispers* This is all because Solent isn't a proper university!
Reply 30
Wasn't it voted the worst Uni in the country?
Reply 31
cloop
Wasn't it voted the worst Uni in the country?

I really hope it was. Because it really is! I am glad I go to the Solent campus for clever people otherwise I think I would lose all hope in life in going to Solent!

God knows why Warsash affiliated with Solent and not the real University in Southampton, makes no sense to me.
Reply 32
gbduo

God knows why Warsash affiliated with Solent and not the real University in Southampton, makes no sense to me.

yeah Warsash should be affiliated with Southampton University because then we can go to the decent Student Union and join decent clubs
Reply 33
Fionelo
yeah Warsash should be affiliated with Southampton University because then we can go to the decent Student Union and join decent clubs

Meh, Warsash is sooooooo far out of the SU in Solent that hardly anyone goes to it, Southampton is the other side of Southampton so even less likely that anyone would go to that either, despite its obvious attractions.

We normally just go out on the town in So'ton or Pompey. Cheap as normally anyway.

I doubt you will have time for clubs!
Reply 34
Meh, most uni interviews for design based things will be like that, waiting around etc. Yeah the uni has no organisation skills but who cares.
Forgive my ignorance, but what is Warsash? :lolwut:

And yes, Southampton Solent is basically a steaming mound of turd of a university. Literally, whenever I'm in town and pass any of the buildings, I get an overwhelming sense of relief that I'm not at that uni in Southampton...

No offence to anyone that goes there of course :beard:
Reply 36
jonnythemoose
Forgive my ignorance, but what is Warsash? :lolwut:

And yes, Southampton Solent is basically a steaming mound of turd of a university. Literally, whenever I'm in town and pass any of the buildings, I get an overwhelming sense of relief that I'm not at that uni in Southampton...

No offence to anyone that goes there of course :beard:

Warsash Maritime Academy is basically a college for training Merchant Navy Officers. It is consistently ranked the best in the World.

All the more reason why it is stupid to be affiliated with Solent! Solent don't care about us anyway, they just see Warsash as a cash cow, grrr grumble grumble.
Reply 37
gbduo
Warsash Maritime Academy is basically a college for training Merchant Navy Officers. It is consistently ranked the best in the World.

All the more reason why it is stupid to be affiliated with Solent! Solent don't care about us anyway, they just see Warsash as a cash cow, grrr grumble grumble.

amen to that!
Reply 38
institution not a uni :wink:
Reply 39
EssexDan86
Southampton Solent university has the nerve to demand interviews and then reject afterwards?!

I corrected it for you :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending