The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mine doesn't, you can pick whatever you want. But then I've never heard of this, so maybe it's just not common in my area.
Reply 61
Yes but it didn't really limit me that much, most combinations were possible, the only way it effected me was that I had to do English Lang/Lit combined instead of pure Lit, which would only really matter if I was applying to LSE.
Reply 62
Mine doesn't either
Reply 63
Nope. They have the odd subject clash like IT and textiles, but normally find ways around it.

It's just pick any 4 from the list :biggrin:
Mine didn't but mine was private, and my deputy head did all the timetabling and had a nightmare every year. Occasionally one or two people from both GCSE and A level couldn't do it due to too little interest though.
Mine does, my timetables messed up tho imagine this:

monday: 2hrs Economics, 1hr30mins Tutorial (if my tutor's in) and No lessons until 3pm then I finish at 5....my timetables madness, monday's my worst day :frown:
AaronL
Hi my school does these really annoying option blocks.

The option blocks are you must take one subject from option 1, one from option 2 and the same for options 3 and 4.

But I wanna know if your school has this because I wanna move schools if other school don't have this because all my best subjects are in the same option number.

So does your school have option blocks?

My school doesn't, no, and neither does my brother's; but I know a long time is spent arranging the timetable to fit everything in.
My school has them. I'm kinda worried that my subjects will clash as they are quite an odd combination.
Reply 68
My school does, but they don't tell you which subjects are in which blocks until all the applications are in - I think that makes it a better system, as the numbers on each course tend to fluctuate massively.
Our Sixth Form Does. They are quite bad and IMO very limiting. They have put almost everything in one block, so the third one gives you the option of English Lit, Music Tech, Maths, BTEC PE or BTEC Science. :confused:

Luckily, they worked out for me, but I know people who have 3 or 4 of their options in one block. I would arrange a meeting with the head of your sixth form to see if there is anyway to get the options changed (that's what lots of people in our year are doing). If that doesn't work, see if you could apply somewhere that would be able to accomodate your choices. Good Luck :smile:

Latest