The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Yes some bedding is provided...can't remember what exactly as I used my own. But that was because i'd packed it and mine was better...not that I remember.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by SittingOnCornflakes
Ah, that sounds awesome! To be honest, the excitement of starting University and meeting new people makes it hard to worry or be fussy about things like accomodation.

Oh, and I like your sig :love:
Have you been watching the new series of Supernatural?

Exactly! Tbh, in first year, you'll hardly spend any time in your room :p: I avoided my room as much as possible because of my room mate, but I still enjoyed uni and living in Founders (the other aspects of it, anyway :biggrin:)!

Haha, thanks :biggrin: Nah, I stopped watching it after series 3 or 4.. Really need to get back into it! Dean and Sam are gorgeous :love:
Original post by MsRedFoxx
Woooo! Dean's the best! :tongue: just thought I'd throw that one in there :redface:

Hehe, it's just one of those things that needs to be said at every mention of Supernatural. :smile:
(Poor Sam.)

Original post by SuperStaah
Exactly! Tbh, in first year, you'll hardly spend any time in your room :p: I avoided my room as much as possible because of my room mate, but I still enjoyed uni and living in Founders (the other aspects of it, anyway :biggrin:)!

Haha, thanks :biggrin: Nah, I stopped watching it after series 3 or 4.. Really need to get back into it! Dean and Sam are gorgeous :love:

Well that's good I guess, thanks for the reassurement!:smile:

Sam and Dean? Gorgeous?
Pshh, Bobby's the one and only eye-candy on that show.
...Just Kidding :biggrin:
Reply 583
Original post by Phil2202
None of my friends living in halls were provided with any bedding, at any uni. I'd be very surprised if we get provided any here!

It says on the domestic info for the halls (on the website) what you get in each room and a duvet is included. I'm just hoping it's a fairly warm one!
Reply 584
Original post by tiasworld
It says on the domestic info for the halls (on the website) what you get in each room and a duvet is included. I'm just hoping it's a fairly warm one!

Well that's really good, and will save me a lot of space in my luggage! :smile:

Tbh, in my opinion it is better to have a duvet that is too thin, as you can add a small blanket to keep warm. A duvet that is too thick can't really be cooled down; which a the problem I have in my flat atm, when it gets hot. Quite often, it's too hot to have the duvet, but not warm enough to be without it, and it's a real pain lol!

Haha, good point. I'll definately need it seeing as I'm gonna be doing some major binge eating in the upcoming days before results day. :wink:

But yeah, nice to meet you, fellow Kingswoodian-to-be.

Ditto :smile: ha and a fellow binge eater as well, life at kingswood is guna be fuuun.. although its kinda annoying that we have to go all the way to the campus for our dinners when there are canteens at kingswood, or maybe i'm just being overly lazy haha
Original post by wanabenerd
Ditto :smile: ha and a fellow binge eater as well, life at kingswood is guna be fuuun.. although its kinda annoying that we have to go all the way to the campus for our dinners when there are canteens at kingswood, or maybe i'm just being overly lazy haha

err i'm pretty sure you don't, KW people eat in KW
Reply 587
Original post by Phil2202
Well that's really good, and will save me a lot of space in my luggage! :smile:

Tbh, in my opinion it is better to have a duvet that is too thin, as you can add a small blanket to keep warm. A duvet that is too thick can't really be cooled down; which a the problem I have in my flat atm, when it gets hot. Quite often, it's too hot to have the duvet, but not warm enough to be without it, and it's a real pain lol!

I came to that conclusion too- great minds think alike!
Reply 588
Hehe, it's just one of those things that needs to be said at every mention of Supernatural. :smile:
(Poor Sam.)
Sam and Dean? Gorgeous?
Pshh, Bobby's the one and only eye-candy on that show.
...Just Kidding :biggrin:

LOL :tongue: Sam and his fugly sideburns can kiss it! Dean totally runs the show alongside Castiel of course! I'm shocked that nobodys mentioned his cute lil angelness :colondollar:
Reply 589
You get a duvet and two pillows. I just used my own, though. I think you might need your own covers.
does anyone know if you can decorate your rooms ie put up posters
Reply 591
Original post by 12chocmusician

I lived in founders, and whilst its not strictly allowed, I was OK.
Reply 592

I put up posters in Wedderburn, and everybody I knew did as well. They tell you to use white tac, and say that blu-tac is strictly forbidden. Ironically, when I tried to buy some from the college shop they only stocked blu-tac. :rolleyes:
Reply 593
Original post by lareneg
I put up posters in Wedderburn, and everybody I knew did as well. They tell you to use white tac, and say that blu-tac is strictly forbidden. Ironically, when I tried to buy some from the college shop they only stocked blu-tac. :rolleyes:

Only at roho

hi!! I NO NO ABOUT POSTER~ BUT I CALL POLISH GUY~ HE COME~ HE DRILL HOLE IN BUTLER WALL~ HE PUT PAINTING AND MIRROR ON WALL~ HE GLUE WALLPAPER ON WALL!!

IT OK BUT NOW ROYAL HOLLWAY SAY U GOT PAY FOR REPAIR!!! I NO NO IT NO OK AT TIME THO!! REPAIR ONLY COST £3500 THO SO IT NO SO BAD
Reply 595
Original post by liang.zhuzhu92

hi!! I NO NO ABOUT POSTER~ BUT I CALL POLISH GUY~ HE COME~ HE DRILL HOLE IN BUTLER WALL~ HE PUT PAINTING AND MIRROR ON WALL~ HE GLUE WALLPAPER ON WALL!!

IT OK BUT NOW ROYAL HOLLWAY SAY U GOT PAY FOR REPAIR!!! I NO NO IT NO OK AT TIME THO!! REPAIR ONLY COST £3500 THO SO IT NO SO BAD

:K:

Reply 596
Original post by lareneg
:K:

My reaction, exactly :tongue:
Reply 597

ok NOW i know you are a troll.If you had done this for real you would of been found out straight away, been charged for repairs, kicked out of halls and probably uni.
Original post by gm15
ok NOW i know you are a troll.If you had done this for real you would of been found out straight away, been charged for repairs, kicked out of halls and probably uni.

i tell u be for!! i no troll~ i chinese girl from hong kong!! u ask my friend list~ some at royal hollway and no me!!

i say royal hollway charge for repair!! when horse keeper see room she say it wrong but they repair at end year~ she say most time repair is when they make mess~ but some time they redecorates room
Reply 599

i tell u be for!! i no troll~ i chinese girl from hong kong!! u ask my friend list~ some at royal hollway and no me!!

i say royal hollway charge for repair!! when horse keeper see room she say it wrong but they repair at end year~ she say most time repair is when they make mess~ but some time they redecorates room

Horse keeper? How could you have got into rhul and survived at least one year if you don't know the difference between horse and HOUSE?
Ok i'm not sure if you are a troll but if you aren't a troll and you are a real chinese student, you do act the way you say you do and your english is really this bad then it is a dark dark day for the uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending