The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
blissy
So by the taking the pill I'm killing eggies and spermies (with flagellum - my new favourite word)?

That's sad :frown:

Well, not killing...letting them die. Actually, about 15-20 eggs start to mature each month but only one is strong enough to make it through to maturity and be released - the others die. On the pill the one that would be released dies too. As for spermies, well, of all the millions that enter you (if you're not using condoms) it's just letting one more die than usual by not giving it a chance at an egg :wink:

Hmmm, so you like phlebotomists with flagella?
Reply 61
blissy
So by the taking the pill I'm killing eggies and spermies (with flagellum - my new favourite word)?

That's sad :frown:

It's only sad if you keep calling them 'eggies' and 'spermies'! :rofl:
Reply 62
Adarah
I'm quite sure that little bit of skin is still in-tact - but I'm sure no one will care lol. And no, my parents are both atheists, my grandfather was too and my grandmother is a bit religious, but society in general was still Christian when my mum grew up I guess - you just realise that when she starts to talk about anything related to sex, vagina or penis. She goes all red and starts giggling - so sexually repressed! :rolleyes:

This reminds me of something someone who lives in the US told me. She doesn't like using applicators, but OBs (me too, i hate applicators) and when the girls at her high school found out they were like: urgh, that's gross, it's like fingering yourself!
such a stupid view to have! they are sexually repressed by the society they live in I think (they go around and have sex all the time, but OBs are big no-no :rolleyes: ). I mean really... that is so rediculous!

whats an OB??
Reply 63
I only used pads from when I started my period, but I really want to give tampons a go-I just like the idea of catching it inside instead-seems much cleaner to me. Little scared though as have never used them before (and I'm 22!!). When I started my mum just gave me pads and never suggested anything else.

I really like the idea of the injection though (I'm on the pill at the mo but I never run the packs together). No periods eh! Anyone got any more info on the injection-how often do you have it?
Reply 64
mirandab
whats an OB??

www.obtampons.com
Reply 65
wow, reading all the new replies - I thought I was the only one with a 'useless' mother when it comes to these things.
I use pads. I never seem to be able to use tampons. - i think its just me, but i can't even get them in, even when i'm relaxed - anyone have any theories about why?
tampons are more convenient especially since it feels more hygenic and more comfortable. That reminds me, (random thing) i had my period on holiday for only one day! weird :s-smilie: it was exactly one day and then stopped :|

Random One
Towels & tampons, though mainly towels.
Reply 69
oh my gosh, Mooncup? Where have I been? I've never heard of that... what a name! Tampons scare the hell out of me but a mooncup? Sheeesh!!! :eek:
tampons all the way
Reply 71
i tried tampons, but somehow it just seems to leak. even though the tampon hasn't been fully "used up". am i just putting it in wrong?
Tampons scare me. Never before have I been in so much agony as when I tried to "shove one up there". God knows what I'm going to be like when anything bigger tries to get up there...
Reply 73
spangletastic
Tampons scare me. Never before have I been in so much agony as when I tried to "shove one up there". God knows what I'm going to be like when anything bigger tries to get up there...

Yeah, sounds familiar..

And trust me, it hurts even more when something bigger tries to get up there :eek:. But you know, every silver lining has a cloud!

Cxx
well im quite a small girl and i have to say that ive never had a problem with tampons hurting...only if i try to take one out that hasnt been in very long - they're easier to take out after they've been in for a while. maybe you guys should try that.
but yeah - i used to use pads but then i tried tampons and i have never looked back. i will also be buying a mooncup as soon as i get to uni (only six weeks to go!!)
zerline
i tried tampons, but somehow it just seems to leak. even though the tampon hasn't been fully "used up". am i just putting it in wrong?

It sounds like you haven't positioned it right. It can take a little practice, so keep persevering :smile: .
I've used tampons since like my 2nd or 3rd period back when I was 13, because I swam several times a week and couldn't miss the training sessions. Now I hate pads, I find them so uncomfortable and obvious.
I use pads. :smile:

And for hygiene and cleaniness - I used Lactacyd Feminine Wipes & Daily Wash to keep the external vaginal area clean. :redface:
Reply 78
bumped for those who wanted to see it
Reply 79
pads

Latest

Trending

Trending