The Student Room Group

UCAS 5th choice

Like all applicants for medicine, I was only allowed to put 4 choices for med school on UCAS and had to put a5th non-medicine choice as an "insurance" choice. Well, i am keen on sport so put Sport Science.Admittedly, my PS was about doing medicine, but I mentioned an interest in Sports Medicine.
I have just been REJECTED!
Its not really a problem as I am lucky enough to have an offer for Med School - but what on earth is the point of the 5th "insurance" choice? I am predicted A*A*A*A* at A-level, so meet the min requirements!
However, I wouldve been totally gutted if I had had 4medicine rejections and then Sports Science rejected me as well.
Anyone else had similar?
kieradog
Like all applicants for medicine, I was only allowed to put 4 choices for med school on UCAS and had to put a5th non-medicine choice as an "insurance" choice. Well, i am keen on sport so put Sport Science.Admittedly, my PS was about doing medicine, but I mentioned an interest in Sports Medicine.
I have just been REJECTED!
Its not really a problem as I am lucky enough to have an offer for Med School - but what on earth is the point of the 5th "insurance" choice? I am predicted A*A*A*A* at A-level, so meet the min requirements!
However, I wouldve been totally gutted if I had had 4medicine rejections and then Sports Science rejected me as well.
Anyone else had similar?

well it's not designed for med applicants so there's no official reason for it. It's not really much surpise you didn't get an offer when other people are applying for the same course who actually want to d ot he subject!
However, many people use the 5th for biomed, because some ppl don't get the grades for med, and so do a biomed degree and apply grad entry
congrats on the other offers:smile:
Absolutely no offence meant and I'm happy that people have found a course they enjoy they can do at university level but most, no, actually all of the sports scientists I've met and heard about haven't really been the brightest of people. (There was one who failed an open book take home exam fo goodness sake). Maybe they felt you wouldn't fit in and enjoy it.
ilovehotchocolate
Absolutely no offence meant and I'm happy that people have found a course they enjoy they can do at university level but most, no, actually all of the sports scientists I've met and heard about haven't really been the brightest of people. (There was one who failed an open book take home exam fo goodness sake). Maybe they felt you wouldn't fit in and enjoy it.

clearly.
well, actually no I don't mean any offence, I'd like to think I'm a nice person, and I understand that I haven't met all the poeple in the world and that it takes all sorts to make the world a better place, so there are prob many exceptions to the sweeping generalisation I made. I just haven't met any, that's all. That's why I said that I was happy people who aren't traditionally book smart but are physically intelligent can find a degree course that suits them. You are probably more book smart than physical and so perhaps wouldn't enjoy it as much. I honestly didn't mean it in a nasty way.
ilovehotchocolate
well, actually no I don't mean any offence, I'd like to think I'm a nice person, and I understand that I haven't met all the poeple in the world and that it takes all sorts to make the world a better place, so there are prob many exceptions to the sweeping generalisation I made. I just haven't met any, that's all. That's why I said that I was happy people who aren't traditionally book smart but are physically intelligent can find a degree course that suits them. You are probably more book smart than physical and so perhaps wouldn't enjoy it as much. I honestly didn't mean it in a nasty way.

lol i forgot that you're my mum and know everything about me!

...and don't worry i know what ya meant:p:

Latest

Trending

Trending