The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I also have an offer of AAB to study Law this Sept.

This is merely an impression I get, but wth Law being so competitive I doubt there's much leniency... :frown:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
^ To clarify, from the Law School's website. (I quote directly, the grammar is not my mistake!!!)

"A students who fails to achieve the target offer are unlikely to get a place."
Reply 3
That's just..............great
Reply 4
I'm sure you'll get the grades :smile:

Predictions/Offers are, in everyone's interest, realistic :smile:
Reply 5
same....but the list for likely clearing places are up
Reply 6
I spoke to Kings a while back, they actually except most applicants to get AAA so should you miss out on AAB it is almost certain you wont be allowed in.

Add to that the fact that nearly EVERY year they are over subscribed with law students making the grades(since uni's give out more offers than places expecting some to fail)
Wings_cp
I spoke to Kings a while back, they actually except most applicants to get AAA so should you miss out on AAB it is almost certain you wont be allowed in.

Add to that the fact that nearly EVERY year they are over subscribed with law students making the grades(since uni's give out more offers than places expecting some to fail)

FFS...
DONT
SAY
THAT

7 days before the alevel results :frown: I will probably miss a grade and I was hoping theyd take me with ABB...I think ill go get depressed in my corner now :smile:
Reply 8
Sorry, but, if you don't get the results, you won't get in. The only reason KCL's offer is AAB for Law is simply not to disuade very capable students who arent' confident of their abilities (like Bristol). They even say on their website that they expect students to get AAA, so if anyone's expecting to get in with ABB, you're gonna be dissappointed :frown:.

If you did get in, I'd be incredibly suprised.
kingslaw
Sorry, but, if you don't get the results, you won't get in. The only reason KCL's offer is AAB for Law is simply not to disuade very capable students who arent' confident of their abilities (like Bristol). They even say on their website that they expect students to get AAA, so if anyone's expecting to get in with ABB, you're gonna be dissappointed :frown:.

If you did get in, I'd be incredibly suprised.

:frown:
Well my insurance is AAAD so I wont get into uni this year and get the **** beaten outta me by my parents :s:

:smile:
wild thing

:frown:
Well my insurance is AAAD so I wont get into uni this year and get the **** beaten outta me by my parents :s:

:smile:

Dude, you still got AAA. They're only looking at your three best results, generally.
No her insurance offer is AAAD, she hasn't got her results yet....

Fingers crossed for everyone
EvenInBlackOut
I need AAB to do Law at King's and was wondering about how lenient King's was on this matter.

There are chances for you to get the place even if you miss your offer. I was asked to get an overall of 1.5 in my abitur exams, I got an overall of 1.7 and still got in with an unconditional offer.
Reply 13
With 18 people applying for each place I wouldn't say the odds were good...but I do know a few people who got in after they initially got ABB and then had their papers remarked. KCL were pretty good about waiting for 4 weeks approx that the process takes.
Reply 14
i was one point behind on my ib diploma, and was still given a place, even before a-level results are out... so im guessing they are lenient, just make sure to call/email or contact ur dept head in some way :smile: goodluck!
cheesecakebobby
No her insurance offer is AAAD, she hasn't got her results yet....

Fingers crossed for everyone

You took the words out of my mouth :eek: :wink:
Reply 16
I can tell you something, there was a huge article a while back in The Times supplement T2 about student law. I dunno if anyone read it but it said that the amount of students applying for law decreased substantially this year. I dont actually know how true it all is but being correct it would mean that Uni's may be more willing to drop grades this year!

Good luck everyone.

(I'm in the same AAB for Law boat as most of you btw)
Reply 17
Conz
I can tell you something, there was a huge article a while back in The Times supplement T2 about student law. I dunno if anyone read it but it said that the amount of students applying for law decreased substantially this year. I dont actually know how true it all is but being correct it would mean that Uni's may be more willing to drop grades this year!

Good luck everyone.

(I'm in the same AAB for Law boat as most of you btw)

I really doubt that will apply to Kings.

Remember that Kings is also a backup for a lot of students whose first choice is AAA. Therefore before they can even offer any student a place with ABB they must first give the places to 1. Those who have made the offer and Kings is their firm choice 2. Those who have made the offer off AAB and needs to goto Kings as their insurance.

The likely-hood of there being many places left are slim.
Reply 18
So in the case of them filling a few places with ABB students..what do u think will be the deciding factor? personal statement?! general studies?!
Reply 19
If they have any places left, and that's a big if since i have been lead to believe that in the past few years they have been oversubscribed (as in without letting in ppl they dont have to and still being too large in size), the places will certainly be determined by how close you came to AAB and also your personal statement.

Latest