The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
S4pool
I'm kinda too lazy to do the Sats I know i have a bad attitude but I only want to Apply to the US as a backup and would much rather go to Canada. So basically what are the best Unis that will look at my British grades and will not need any SATS to get admitted?

None in the 'best' category as far I know

& from the best I imply colleges like Harvard, MIT, Stanford:smile: ......
Reply 2
You need to take SATs/ACTs to apply for US colleges... if you don't you'll be seriously disadvantaged.
try the liberal arts unis?
:facepalm:
just do the ****ing SATs... it will open up ur options so much more.
Reply 5
S4pool
I'm kinda too lazy to do the Sats I know i have a bad attitude but I only want to Apply to the US as a backup and would much rather go to Canada. So basically what are the best Unis that will look at my British grades and will not need any SATS to get admitted?

If you can't be bothered to do SATS, what makes you think you can get through 4 years of a degree at a US uni?
Reply 6
It's very dependent on the particular University. If you have specific schools in mind, try going on their website and it will list what their requirements are.

If you're looking for a very easy way to apply to schools here, try using The Common Application: http://www.commonapp.org
For a list of schools that accept The Common App look here: https://www.commonapp.org/CommonApp/Members.aspx
Reply 7
S4pool

Check out these institutions:

Brandeis University
American University
Seton Hall University
Wake Forest University
University of Colorado Denver etc.
Wake Forest
Reply 9
Canadian universities are easier to get in than top US colleges that do not require SAT.
i don't think there are any good ones that don't require the SAT at all, though chicago is pretty good and doesn't make you do the SAT subject tests :biggrin:

Wake Forest

Wake Forest is probably your best bet.
It is comparable to Nottingham or Durham.

Brandeis University
American University
Seton Hall University
University of Colorado – Denver etc.

ie: Third tier to fourth tier universities.

There might be some black universities that you could get into as well.
flugestuge
Wake Forest is probably your best bet.
It is comparable to Nottingham or Durham.

ie: Third tier to fourth tier universities.

There might be some black universities that you could get into as well.
However, the black universities tend to be pretty bad academically and have major issues with violence against gays and Asians.

Actually, Brandeis is a very good university. It is ranked 31 in the nation according to US News & World Report. Wake Forest is ranked 28 in the nation. So, not much difference there.
Baltimoron
Actually, Brandeis is a very good university. It is ranked 31 in the nation according to US News & World Report. Wake Forest is ranked 28 in the nation. So, not much difference there.

Don't feed the :troll: anymore BMoron :no:
Reply 14
Baltimoron

Actually, flugestuge is essentially correct -- Brandeis does not count and should not be included.

If English is your first language, you must take one of the following:

SAT I
ACT (with writing)

http://www.brandeis.edu/admissions/international/testing.html
Baltimoron

In a recent Guardian ranking, UCL was ranked above Oxford.
Despite that Oxford still >>>> UCL.

Wake Forest is significantly better than Brandeis.
The minimal difference in the US News rankings is not correct.
Reply 16
Villanova University doesn't need any and many top liberal arts colleges don't need them or you're free to submit them. Williams College, Middlebury, Wesleyan
Reply 17
many US colleges and universities are flexible with their SAT requirements. i would recommend contacting the admissions offices of some schools you like and asking if they will consider anything else as a substitute.

or you could just take the SATs. they're actually pretty easy.
USC accepts A Levels and GCSEs as substitutes. Ranked 26th I think, dunno how that compares to UK or how much it even means, but hey :dontknow:
Honestly, SATs are the way to go - even if a university doesn't take the SATs, I don't know many US schools that accept English qualifications like A-levels as an alternative. :/ We tend to be self-centred like that, surprise. The SATs are time-consuming and ideologically questionable, but really nothing awful.

Latest

Trending

Trending