The Student Room Group

What can I wear for my first day?

Yay! I've finally got a job! It's working with people with learning disabilities and I'm so looking forward to it! :biggrin: It'll be great! OK, so anyway, I start on Monday, and I'm doing training all that week. I'll be doing things like lifting, first aid, and even things like basic hygiene and that. My question is I don't know what I wear! I only just got the call and had to leave a message to say I'll accept the job, as the manager has gone home, so I had nobody to ask what I should wear. As I'm not in an office or a place where people see you much, I'm *guessing* I don't have to be ultra smart, but that said I can't go in jeans! I think I'll wear black trousers, and a top, but I really hate shirts! I'm not sure what else I can wear...OK I hate skirts and I hate pink, but apart from that pretty much any suggestions would be good! Also do you think it would be acceptable to wear trainers? Arrgh need help, I have no idea when it comes to clothes, so any help is good :smile: Thank you in advance!
If you are doing lifting and first aid, trousers are a serious must! To save you wearing black trousers all week you could wear some other smart trousers in a stone colour, maybe very slightly combaty or with pocket detail- they would look pretty smart. If you dont like shirts, then stick to smart, simple tops that are a good length- nothing ruins a smart look like a riding top! Have a great time, you will love it (ive done something similar before!) and i hope you feel comfortable in what you wear!

Lou
xxx
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply! :biggrin: Yeah combats are a great idea, I never thought of that, I've been wanting to get some for a while so now I have the perfect excuse :biggrin: I think I'm gonna have to go shopping on Saturday!
Reply 3
Any plain coloured T shirt can look quite smart with the right trousers. Patterns can be good too, and would hide it easier if you got a bit messy. Do you have any top with a collar? That always looks smart too!

If you're doing bending and lifting you won't want anything too tight though.
Reply 4
Yes Juno I have some with a collar and 3/4 lenght sleeves, they would look smart! I forgot about them so thanks for reminding me :smile:

Latest