The Student Room Group

Hourly rate @ The Carphone Warehouse - anyone?

Hiya all

Right I've just got a job at CWP, having gone for an interview yesterday.

I've not yet asked about the hourly rate or commission.

Are there any current employees and/or recent, ex?

* Just wanted an idea of the wages and commission, if any.
* I am 22 years of age *

Thanks.
My friend gets about £6.50 an hour. Commision I'm not sure if she still gets it! She used to but I'm sure I read something on her FB recently that says otherwise. She's 19 and has worked there for about 2 years though so could be different, and depends where you live.
Reply 2
wra01
Hiya all

Right I've just got a job at CWP, having gone for an interview yesterday.

I've not yet asked about the hourly rate or commission.

Are there any current employees and/or recent, ex?

* Just wanted an idea of the wages and commission, if any.
* I am 22 years of age *

Thanks.

Tip for the future: always ask about the pay.

But for now, the best I can suggest is either wait until you've been assigned a superior and ask him/her, or call up the HR department and ask them.
Reply 3
Asking about pay at an interview can sometimes make the wrong impression. Obviously I know everyone gets a job for money, but if you've just sat for 40 minutes convincing someone you're perfect for the job and jump straight in to money it may seem un professional.
Reply 4
inksplodge
My friend gets about £6.50 an hour. Commision I'm not sure if she still gets it! She used to but I'm sure I read something on her FB recently that says otherwise. She's 19 and has worked there for about 2 years though so could be different, and depends where you live.

I've just had my training ; can confirm it is £6.41 per hour.. hmm, less than your friend but it's alright.

Thanks for your replies guys.
Reply 5
I gave in my CV yesterday after the head of recruitment, who I just so happened to be chatting with about phones in the store, told me to apply.

Do you think the pay is £6.41/hour for under 18s? I'm 17 and I guess that since they won't have too many under 18s working for them that they might pay me the same, should they hire me.

Edit: Sorry to revive an old thread :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by wra01
I've just had my training ; can confirm it is £6.41 per hour.. hmm, less than your friend but it's alright.

Thanks for your replies guys.

Hey, you said you've had your training. I've got my training aswell in two weeks and she said I'd have to do an exam just wanted to know what is the exam about and what is then training like? Thanks dude!
Reply 7
im 17 and im on 6.83 an hour
Reply 8
They pay £7.96 for those that live within m25 and £7.11 doe those that don't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending