The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oo also my sister's science teacher had a stroke mid-lesson, and one of her old friends cut off his finger trying to climb over a metal fence, they had to keep it in ice til he got to hospital :smile:

xx
I had a science teacher in year 7 who caught his beard on a bunsen burner and it caught fire. I wet myself for ages. It was sooo funny. I don't think it helped that he was ginger lol.
A lad at my old school was blinded in one eye after some kid had thrown a set square like a frisbee across the room. Another freak accident (but a funny one) was where this big fat lad was playing hide and seek, in year 11 (yes) and managed to get inside a cupboard that had no handles on the doors, it toppled forward and he was stuck in it face down and had to be sawn out of it by one of the technology teachers.
Reply 43
A boy at my school climb the huge football pitch fence, lost his grip and fell flat on his back. A girl also fell out of the top deck window of our double decker school bus at infant school :s
Reply 44
About a few years ago on a really windy day the roof of the school building came off and landed on the playground, luckily nobody was hurt. That just goes to show you how cheap my school is:biggrin:
Lack of Creativity
PE teacher told us about a colleague of his who was teaching the javelin. He was demonstrating how not to approach a javelin embedded in the ground, which is from the front, when he tripped, and the free end impaled his eye and unfortunately killed him.

I've heard that one from a P.E teacher before but mine was female.
The token kid-with-learning-difficulties setting himself on fire with a bunsen burner. As I recall, the school changed their uniform policy shortly after - man, did that poor bastard burn.

Different school - Design tec teacher sliced off the tips of three fingers while giving a safety demonstration on one of the big sharp choppy machines. Friggin' genius, that one.
My art teacher from 6th form said years ago a girl in her class got serious burns from plaster of paris when she tried to get a model of her hands after ignoring what the teacher had said about using it or something like that.

Edit: This isn't a freak thing but there was some weirdo watching the younger kids when I was in 6th form around the summer time and nobody knew who this person was. I don't think he appeared again when the teachers approached him.
Reply 48
Supergirl3
About a few years ago on a really windy day the roof of the school building came off and landed on the playground, luckily nobody was hurt. That just goes to show you how cheap my school is:biggrin:

haha this happened at my school too. For weeks afterwards we were still convincing year 7s that a piece had blown off and killed someone though :biggrin:
two boys in our year suddenly fainted while walking up the stairs in the main hall:s-smilie: and next day complained a ghost pushed them over:s-smilie:
Kid in my D&T class managed to cut the top of his index finger off with a jig saw because he wasn't paying attention. Never seen my teacher turn so pale, turned out he had a phobia of blood.

Kid was ok though really, it's not really anything major. He was back in school the week after, just means his finger is a bit shorter now.
Reply 51
TLDR
haha this happened at my school too. For weeks afterwards we were still convincing year 7s that a piece had blown off and killed someone though :biggrin:

LOL cool idea, how many of them actually believed you?. At my school we only got 1 day off from school though:mad:
I knew a girl who had sex in the school grounds and got knocked up, the catch is that we don't know who is the father as she wouldn't say. i put £10 down saying that it was a teacher
bigman_ben
Another freak accident (but a funny one) was where this big fat lad was playing hide and seek, in year 11 (yes) and managed to get inside a cupboard that had no handles on the doors, it toppled forward and he was stuck in it face down and had to be sawn out of it by one of the technology teachers.

:lol: I just dribbled a bit of drink laughing at the thought of this!
Reply 55
A boy at my school crashed his unicycle into a bus. I don't know why he rode a unicycle to school everyday, I really don't.

Noone got hurt, but my school got struck by lightening :smile:
all we has was the plaster of paris douchebag

and....

french horn teacher...died during a lesson...COD...too much pressure in his chest...shows you shouldn't play brass/woodwind...might kill you
Reply 57
Supergirl3
LOL cool idea, how many of them actually believed you?. At my school we only got 1 day off from school though:mad:

I'm not sure, it was hard to tell. People at school were always so gullible.
And you know what, I think we only got one day off too. Or maybe we didn't get one at all, our school was stingy with this kind of thing.

After bits of the roof went flying we all had to sit in the hall and couldn't go home until someone picked us up >_>
My mum came at 5:30, nearly everyone else had gone :frown:
Aj12
We got warned about that with the belt sander ive seen it happan to its pretty easy if your not paying attention.

Yeah those belt sanders always gave me bad vibes.. I was always worried it'd chew my finger up one day!

I did however open up the belt sander at college one day and stuffed my mates egg sarnie in there. Suffice to say every time it was turned on it stunk the place up pretty bad.
amylase55
ive just thought of another one, a girl at my primary school was talking by the balcony bit of some stairs with her friends, i think they were just joking around laughing about something and she managed to fall down to the floor below. Amazingly she only broke her arm! Was pretty high up as well.

There's a school in Somerset (Chard - rough place on account of number of abattoirs in town) has wire over the stairwells because Year 11's think its fun to through Year 7's down (which it is!).

Latest

Trending

Trending