The Student Room Group

College interview (science based course)

Hi, i applied to go back to college this year as a mature student and hopefully doing animal care / veterinary nursing.

So i will probably have an interview soon and preparing for it and i think i am ok with possible questions except one.

As a mature student, i don't need school results which is great. I did do the exams but not a science subject which students coming out of school needs to have. I have work experience at a shelter!

I know one particular question they are going to ask me, do i know how much science is involved?

With animal anatomy and physiology, i have a fair idea what is involved but how can i answer this type of question?

Can i say that i have an animal biology book and i have been reading up on it?

Anyway, has anyone ever went for a science type of course as a mature student without having done a science subject in school?

Any tips how i can make myself sound smart with answering this?
Reply 1
It would help if you could say what the course is that you are a applying for at college. If it is something like Access, then prior knowledge is not always needed, just willingness and enthusiasm.
pt40 has hit the nail on the head, look keen and willing and your in. I never did anything like my chosen subject before but it has not held me back,in fact the unis seem to like it that im willing to try something different. Not sure the book ideas a winner,just be yourself and dont try to be something your not.
Reply 3
I am applying to a further education college. I have no problem showing my enthusiasm. I guess with the work experience at a shelter and a distance learning course in animal care will have to look good.

Latest

Trending

Trending