The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
E12_MAT
seems to be either in mardon or lopes, everybody should have a big sticker on them saying tsr on the sunday so we can go out for a drink.

when are ppl traveling up? ive got a whole 20 mins to go so i will have to well early! :smile:

My drive is about 3 and a half hours :mad:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 41
nope, still nothing in the post about accomodation today either! im going to a gig in Birmingham tonight, so hopefully tomorow when I come back, there might be something! lol (or not)
Reply 42
I have a nice 2 hour or so drive. I expect my parents will chuck my stuff out and then go off down to Torquay or the like for the rest of the day. Are any of you taking your parents to the Buffet thing?
Reply 43
I want my parents to drop me off and go lol.... I can't be doing with my parents embarrasin me before ive even really met anyone! cos' my dad is a bit o.t.t loud and thinks hes really funny, when hes definitely not. very embarrasing.
Reply 44
Yes, I know EXACTLY what you mean. Mine has the unfortunate habit of wanting to make people laugh.
no im not having mine at the buffet saying "go on, dont mind me, go and see if you can make some nice friends". no way. they dont embarass me but the big thing about uni is doing it alone and i want to start as i mean to go on!
does anyone know anyone who is going? i dont!
Reply 46
My parents dropped me off and left last year which was good. Meant I could get straight into it!! I think most people seem to live about 2 hours from Exeter at most as pretty much everyone is from the home counties!! On a good day I can do Exeter-Nottm in 4 hours although last time it was more like 6!!
Reply 47
laura... im going to go down on the saturday, gives us like the whole weekend to sort oursevles out before the week that is freshers week! Im so damn excited about this. It takes about 2-3 hours to get down there for me, so my parents are going to make a weekend of it. Take me down there, get me settled in then go off and do their own thing in Exeter. If i discover i need anything else, then some quick dash's to argos ha, they're going to stay the night and come back next day to see how im getting on then go home. They're not gonna hang around with me though, just be 'around' if i need anything. That was a long story! x
Reply 48
Hey its Laura (7986).

Thanks boho..I feel really stupid calling you that sorry (unless thats your name then I'm reallly sorry, ha!). Yeah maybe Saturday is a good idea, but the thing is my Dad went to Exeter Uni back in the...50's?! Maybe later.. 70's ?!hmm. But anyway, he has insisted he march me around showing me stuff, which is going to be fantastic :frown: So looks like I'll be coming on Saturday anyway to have my 'tour'. So if you see a really over enthusiastic Dad reminissing..that'll be mine. He also seems to think he is a bit of a VIP because he used to go there, so please ignore that.

See you Saturday then!
Reply 49
Jellycat
Hey its Laura (7986).

Thanks boho..I feel really stupid calling you that sorry (unless thats your name then I'm reallly sorry, ha!). Yeah maybe Saturday is a good idea, but the thing is my Dad went to Exeter Uni back in the...50's?! Maybe later.. 70's ?!hmm. But anyway, he has insisted he march me around showing me stuff, which is going to be fantastic :frown: So looks like I'll be coming on Saturday anyway to have my 'tour'. So if you see a really over enthusiastic Dad reminissing..that'll be mine. He also seems to think he is a bit of a VIP because he used to go there, so please ignore that.

See you Saturday then!

Ha ha ha, how unfortunate! No im joking, i'm sure youll be fine, my dad got that out of his system when we went down for a campus tour, hes seen everything so will be quite content, i hope! And my real names Mads, boho was just one of those names i chose randomly for no real reason ha
Reply 50
Haha ok hello mads. Ok well my parents have just booked their room at exeter travel lodge (sounds lovvelly) and so r staying over sat night too because they want to have a walk around exmouth national park :confused: anyway so i'll be down saturday and just have a couple of loitering parents until sunday.
Just went shopping for stuff for my room - ooo exciting.
Reply 51
in the copy of the tenancy contract thingy that you keep urself that u get in ur accommodation pack it says the days wen u have to collect ur keys...and the collections are split into 2 days according to which accommodation u r in........so im in penny c so its collection day is saturday but ransom pickard is on sunday. so dont u have to go on the day that u can collect ur key???

it takes me about 5-7hrs to get to exeter from where i live (york) so im gona be pretty awake wen i arrive.........has ne1 else got a stupidly long (you can fly to new york in 7hrs) journey to do?
*vixy*
in the copy of the tenancy contract thingy that you keep urself that u get in ur accommodation pack it says the days wen u have to collect ur keys...and the collections are split into 2 days according to which accommodation u r in........so im in penny c so its collection day is saturday but ransom pickard is on sunday. so dont u have to go on the day that u can collect ur key???

it takes me about 5-7hrs to get to exeter from where i live (york) so im gona be pretty awake wen i arrive.........has ne1 else got a stupidly long (you can fly to new york in 7hrs) journey to do?

I think that you will be told what day to go on, because im sure they have some sort of system so that everyone doesn't arrive at once! It only takes around 2 hours for me.
Does anyone know of anyone else staying in holland hall?? Everyone seems to b in Lopes or Hope!! ahh well!
Reply 53
*vixy*

Ooh, thankyou Vixy, and thankyou for actually reading that tenancy contract thing because I couldn't bring myself to look at it all! But maybe now I will!
Reply 54
rkswilliams
I think that you will be told what day to go on, because im sure they have some sort of system so that everyone doesn't arrive at once! It only takes around 2 hours for me.
Does anyone know of anyone else staying in holland hall?? Everyone seems to b in Lopes or Hope!! ahh well!

I'm in Holland Hall! Looks well nice although a slight burden on money!
Jellycat
Haha ok hello mads. Ok well my parents have just booked their room at exeter travel lodge (sounds lovvelly) and so r staying over sat night too because they want to have a walk around exmouth national park :confused: anyway so i'll be down saturday and just have a couple of loitering parents until sunday.
Just went shopping for stuff for my room - ooo exciting.

Its Dartmoor national park that's next to Exeter :wink: Exmoor is bizarrely in North Devon. I did exactly the same thing as you, stayed the night in that travel lodge and moved in the next day - I was so scared and couldn't sleep at all the night before! But there was nothing to worry about really.
El Capitan
I'm in Holland Hall! Looks well nice although a slight burden on money!

My boyfriend moved into Holland Hall yesterday and wont stop moaning about how small it is! It is really really nice in there and you'll have so much fun! You may even bump into me a few times! I'm going down thursday to have a look around, then i'm moving into my house on Friday!! yay!! i'm so excited its nearly Exeter time again!!

love Katy***
Reply 57
Evil Muffin
Its Dartmoor national park that's next to Exeter :wink: Exmoor is bizarrely in North Devon.

Dartmoor is where the source of the river Dart is (runs into the sea at Dartmouth, just down from Paignton). Exmoor is the source of the river Ex (which obviously flows into the sea at Exmouth). HTH
Hi guys, just got my accommodation stuff through, anyone else for Moberly House in Duryard Halls??
Reply 59
still waiting for my details to arrive.... :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending