The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
2late
LOL, how is it that you know who I am but I don't know who you are? :biggrin: I was actually late because I set my alarm on at 4am to do some last minute revision for Rita's module - ended waking up really late... :biggrin:

I like to retain internet anonymity. :wink:

How did you find the exam in the end, manage to answer it all despite being late? Rita's module was the one that I found toughest actually. Module 1 was very easy - the Audit Expectations Gap question was a godsend (thankfully I did additionally reading on that, beyond the lecture notes).

Module 2+3 were tough, as I expected them to be but I'm hopeful of a decent mark (not a first though.)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 101
SamLowry
I like to retain internet anonymity. :wink:

How did you find the exam in the end, manage to answer it all despite being late? Rita's module was the one that I found toughest actually. Module 1 was very easy - the Audit Expectations Gap question was a godsend (thankfully I did additionally reading on that, beyond the lecture notes).

Module 2+3 were tough, as I expected them to be but I'm hopeful of a decent mark (not a first though.)

Module 3 = VFM = learned an essay plan off by heart

Module 1 = completely ****** - did you see the Audit Risk model question? It had some numbers in it :eek3: and there was no mention of Business Risk. I think if I revised Audit Expectations Gap then section 1 would have been great - then again I did do that question in the end since my backup one which was independence/quality didn't look too easy. :P

Module 4 = standard numericals. Love it

Module 2 = waffling my way through the SarBox question. :biggrin:

Ah well, as long as I get a 50% in that paper I'm happy, my worst paper by a million miles this year
Sports Racer
How did you find EC201 today?

I thought it was out of order for her to give a Betrand-Nash/Stackelberg question considering there's only like 4 slides combined on them and there were never any homework questions on it. Especially as the alternative would be straightforward game theory.

Otherwise it was fine, I thought. Show that uncomp demand is ... draw an Edgeworth box...

Of course it's hard to tell how much to write because no mark schemes. The section B externality question (Appease and Beneficiary) seemed too straightforward.

And also LOL @ not proofreading the last question!!!

Externality was sooo easy I misread positive externality for negative externality, and a que where I could have got 18 marks I am not sure if I will get 3-5. FML :smile:
The Sherminator
Externality was sooo easy I misread positive externality for negative externality, and a que where I could have got 18 marks I am not sure if I will get 3-5. FML :smile:

I did exactly the same, misread the Q for negative externality. I must've lost about 10% across all my exams by just not reading the questions well enough :facepalm2:

Oh well, hoping for error carried forward marks :yy:
Sports Racer
I did exactly the same, misread the Q for negative externality. I must've lost about 10% across all my exams by just not reading the questions well enough :facepalm2:

Oh well, hoping for error carried forward marks :yy:

God send if we have error carried forward. Eyster made his section B quite straight forward, so not hoping for too many carry forward marks there.
Reply 105
Any first year law students about? Hope your results went well.
Reply 106
How do we feel about the new LSEforYou 2.5? I really like it, except the ugly red!
Well the pages aren't great, and there are still some programming issues. Its the same really, I thought there would be more changes, same tabs and all nothing revolutionary, just a little aesthetic change.
Reply 108
I have not noticed any difference.

Oh right, you have to go on that link they give you in the tiniest of print. I prefer it to the old LSE4You simply because I found that one tedious at times. Don't know why. But overall there is little difference.
Reply 109
Can someone point me to where you can see your academic advisor on the new LSEforYou?
Go to student class registers, and "fetch" last years register. Bottom of the page is your academic advisor and their comments.
Reply 111
Yeah, but I was wondering who I'd get for next year.

Anyone else disappointed by the Michaelmas public events? http://www2.lse.ac.uk/publicEvents/pdf/EventsLeafletMichaelmas2010.pdf

Apart from the CEO of Microsoft (and Santander I guess), there's no one that big coming and the talks are largely uninteresting too.
Swayum
Yeah, but I was wondering who I'd get for next year.

Anyone else disappointed by the Michaelmas public events? http://www2.lse.ac.uk/publicEvents/pdf/EventsLeafletMichaelmas2010.pdf

Apart from the CEO of Microsoft (and Santander I guess), there's no one that big coming and the talks are largely uninteresting too.

Unless you change degrees I don't think you get a new academic tutor? I might be wrong on that though.

Well that Microsoft talk will be interesting!

edit: I think you are being harsh! The talks lined up are pretty interesting. There may not be big name speakers, but thats just unfortunate. Last year we had a bunch of them didn't we, its hard to compare to that I guess.
Reply 113
Are you kidding me?

Paul Collier is coming on the 20th Sep!
Reply 114
Nevermind its working :smile:
Reply 115
Nahdrav
Apologies for being rather offtopic but its been bugging me for the last few days and I didnt want to start a thread just for this small matter.

Was wondering if anyone else was having difficulties with LSEforyou? I want to fill in my Prospective Student and Financial Undertaking forms but I've just been getting this message again and again, just want to make sure its not only me getting it.

Try the new LSE4You 2.5
Reply 116
What a good call! http://www.squidcard.com/LSE.html

Countless times I didn't have cash for Bankside dinner/library.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yep it really is. Shame these things are all coming as our year leaves university. The new SU building is going to be brilliant as well!
Reply 118
The Sherminator
The new SU building is going to be brilliant as well!

What's the new SU building? :lolwut:
Swayum
What's the new SU building? :lolwut:

You kids are so unaware... always caught up in your own little worlds :p:

They are opening up a new Union for students.. integrated sports facilities with a chill out area or something like that. Its going to be within a year or so of us graduating, so maybe in your 3rd year, or the year after that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending