The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Working whilst at Warwick

I believe that part time work is not frowned upon .. right ? And how easy is it getting a job ? I presume many will want to work for extra cash and so find work nearby will be more difficult with Warwick being in a somewhat remote location. Is it worth waiting till starting in October before I start searching for jobs ? Or can I contact the onsite agency Unitemps place by email and start applying for jobs to begin when I arrive ?
Reply 1
Thanks. It seems like a good site. **bookmarked**
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
or just work at the union. pretty handy if you're planning on living on campus...
Reply 3
Iron_Duke
or just work at the union. pretty handy if you're planning on living on campus...

What sort of stuff is there to do at the union ? Like work-wise ?
And won't it be hard to get a job there as lots of people living on campus will want to work at the SU ?
pmann
What sort of stuff is there to do at the union ? Like work-wise ?
And won't it be hard to get a job there as lots of people living on campus will want to work at the SU ?

There are over 300 students employed by the SU each year for jobs, you can apply during the year by going on http://www.warwicksu.com/jobs/ - you get interviewed, etc so in a sense as long as you apply before the application date, your application will be considered.
You can apply for campus jobs, but it is quite difficult to get one unless you have experience, as so many people apply.
There is also a tesco nearby where you could possibly work or you could get a weekend job in coventry.
Reply 6
Been trying for 2 months to get a job in coventry...

Latest