The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I dunno, but there is a train, surely that is easier anyway?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Apparently theres a bus which costs as little as 2.50 at certain times which goes to newcastle, so i'm sure there'll be one that goes to york :smile:
lady_leon
As I'm hopefully going to Leeds University, but my boyfriend is going to university in York, so I'd like to know that there's regular buses to go and see him.

Thanks

There's a few buses that go from Leeds to York, one's the X64 :yep: It only stops 6 times along the way, so it's shouldn't take you more than 45 minutes to get there. I've never got it myself though, trains are much less stressful!
Reply 4
lady_leon
As I'm hopefully going to Leeds University, but my boyfriend is going to university in York, so I'd like to know that there's regular buses to go and see him.

Thanks

As said above the X64 goes from city centre to city centre. It's £5 for a return ticket which isn't half bad considering an off-peak dayrider for Leeds is £3.20. It's about every 30minutes, I've used it a few times and had no problems with the service. Also if you're planning to get a student term ticket from First buses I 'think' you can use it for this service. Check out the First Buses Leeds website, they probably have more accurate info :biggrin:.

Having said that the trains to York aren't that bad either however it will be more expensive. Off the top of my head I think it costs about £10-£15 for a return ticket to York (about £7-£10 if you have a Young Person Railcard which gets you 1/3 off) so on balance it may be better to go for the bus. The train does get there quicker though (about 20-30 mins depending on which train you get) :smile:

You'll have no problems visiting him though, Leeds and York are situated perfectly for day trips to either of the places, it doesn't take too long or cost too much to travel between the two.
sorry to hijack this thread but could someone tell me a bit more about the bus that goes to newcastle through york?

like price and time etc?
Reply 6
hattilongsoks
sorry to hijack this thread but could someone tell me a bit more about the bus that goes to newcastle through york?

like price and time etc?

I'm bored waiting for Question Time to come on TV, I'll do some Googling and help you hunt it down in the meantime :biggrin: Off the top of my head though I don't think there's any First buses that go to Newcastle, it sounds more like a National Express Coach service that leaves from the bus/coach station maybe??

Edit: As I thought I can't find a First bus service to Newcastle. National Express website is down at the moment so can't check coach timetables there. If you're in Leeds it may be worth going to the travel centre (there's one in the train station and I think there's one in the bus station). They'll be able to give you some travel advice on services that can get you to Newcastle :smile:
Reply 7
lady_leon

Thanks

You could always split up with him and save money and grief at a later date?
TheWizard
I'm bored waiting for Question Time to come on TV, I'll do some Googling and help you hunt it down in the meantime :biggrin: Off the top of my head though I don't think there's any First buses that go to Newcastle, it sounds more like a National Express Coach service that leaves from the bus/coach station maybe??

Edit: As I thought I can't find a First bus service to Newcastle. National Express website is down at the moment so can't check coach timetables there. If you're in Leeds it may be worth going to the travel centre (there's one in the train station and I think there's one in the bus station). They'll be able to give you some travel advice on services that can get you to Newcastle :smile:

thanks for looking :smile: it's not urgent or anything, just would be handy to know. when i get there i'll go to the travel centre at the station and ask. might be cheaper and slightly easier to go on the bus. :smile:
hattilongsoks
thanks for looking :smile: it's not urgent or anything, just would be handy to know. when i get there i'll go to the travel centre at the station and ask. might be cheaper and slightly easier to go on the bus. :smile:

I had a look on national express a couple of weeks ago (looking at Leeds - Newcastle for about 3 weeks in advance) and it offered me a 'funfare' price of a quid! Not bad at all! Dunno if its a permanent price or anything though. They had another one which was a refundable fare which was 15 quid.
Reply 10
The only problem with the X64 is that it goes through Seacroft. Maybe best to get the train to avoid this experience.

Latest