The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Who's going to De Montfort University this September?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AliceHL
Oh I see- Congrats :smile: I'm predicted BBD. I have an interview next month so hopefully it goes well. Where will you be coming from ? Ill be commuting from London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh awesome best of luck! You better get in, I'd like to at least know someone going :tongue:. I'll be living up there, but commuting from Basildon. But I'll be going from Basildon to London first anyway haha. You gonna be living up there too I take it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 181
I've applied and got an offer for Media and Communication (with pathways)!:smile:
Reply 182
Original post by alanandrews
Oh awesome best of luck! You better get in, I'd like to at least know someone going :tongue:. I'll be living up there, but commuting from Basildon. But I'll be going from Basildon to London first anyway haha. You gonna be living up there too I take it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome. Yes I'll be living up there too hopefully. Have you been to the open day? If so what was it like? Have you looked into accomodation yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AliceHL
Awesome. Yes I'll be living up there too hopefully. Have you been to the open day? If so what was it like? Have you looked into accomodation yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome :biggrin:! Nope haven't been to an open day yet, though I think I may be soon though, think I'm getting a lift if you need one haha. Nope not really looked into accommodation yet either x/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an unconditional for Arts & Festival Management/ Drama :smile: Anyone else taking either of these ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Dual Registration Nursing.. got my offer on Thursday... SO EXCITED!!
Original post by TashaLeigh-Ann
So i have an interview on the 31st January for Childrens Nursing,

Any tips would be amazing!!

I have an offer for Adult and Child Nursing (Dual Registration)...

At my interview they asked me
-Why I wanted to be a nurse
-the asked me about things in the Media about nurses
-The gave me a scenario about a child being overweight, and asked me questions like how would you approach the parents about this.

The interview was only about 15 mins

Good Luck :smile:
Reply 187
Original post by alanandrews
Awesome :biggrin:! Nope haven't been to an open day yet, though I think I may be soon though, think I'm getting a lift if you need one haha. Nope not really looked into accommodation yet either x/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thank you. No worries I will have a look around when it's my interview date. Hopefully I see you at dmu in September :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AliceHL
Aw thank you. No worries I will have a look around when it's my interview date. Hopefully I see you at dmu in September :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck and hopefully see you there! Although Bournemouth accepted me too so I'm torn D;

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amy-GraceOliver
I have an offer for Adult and Child Nursing (Dual Registration)...

At my interview they asked me
-Why I wanted to be a nurse
-the asked me about things in the Media about nurses
-The gave me a scenario about a child being overweight, and asked me questions like how would you approach the parents about this.

The interview was only about 15 mins

Good Luck :smile:

thanks, thats a great help.. i hate senario questions :frown: xxx
Reply 190
I've been offered a place at DMU to start in September studying audio and recording technology Bsc. I'm going to the technology open day on the 20th February, I've said on my UCAS that I'll live at home as I only live an hour drive away but now I'm looking at staying in the halls, anyone got any recommendations of where to look at? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 191
Original post by DJFern
I've been offered a place at DMU to start in September studying audio and recording technology Bsc. I'm going to the technology open day on the 20th February, I've said on my UCAS that I'll live at home as I only live an hour drive away but now I'm looking at staying in the halls, anyone got any recommendations of where to look at? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Grosvenor is pretty good, I stayed there last year and had no trouble with them. Victoria also do nice accommodation, although their rules aren't so lenient. Bede Park, too, if you like a party.
I got accepted last year but deferred til this year. Must say I'm pretty excited! Anyone else doing Fashion Buying with Marketing? X
Hey, so i had an interview on the 31st for Childrens Nursing, met some really nice people.. how long did it take for people to get their desicions? i really want to go to DMU and feel that my interview went quite well.. been checking UCAS Track everyday and still had no reply..

also, anyone going to the open day on the 20th?

Thanks
Reply 194
Original post by DJFern

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, bro.

I'm thinking either Bede Hall or Newarke Point, mainly because I want to be around campus.. that's the kind of atmosphere I want really.
Hey, so i had an interview on the 31st for Childrens Nursing, met some really nice people.. how long did it take for people to get their desicions? i really want to go to DMU and feel that my interview went quite well.. been checking UCAS Track everyday and still had no reply..

Thanks

It took them like 3 months to get back to me and they can take up until late april... as its childrens nursing there will be very limited spaces... i'm doing the adult and child dual registration course
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 196
I've applied for Animation Design, got my unconditional offer and thinking of making it my firm!! So EXCITED! :biggrin:
Anyone one else doing this course? :smile:
Also when can you start applying for accommodation?

Thanks

hey, i had my interview that day too. it must have gone well as i received a conditional offer on monday:smile: 6 working days later I'm so happy:smile: my first choice
I'm applying for Fashion Buying with Marketing when UCAS extra opens! Really hope I get a place :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 199

Thanks

Hi, I had an inteview for childrens nursing on 6th November and got a conditional offer at the end of January so they took quite a while :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending