The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why is everybody going on about the Czech Republic? I've been to the neighbouring republic of Slovakia 4 times and it's just plain gorgeous. Although I guess Prague is more interesting a city in its size and significance than the smallish capital of Bratislava, Slovakia as a whole is even cheaper and it's such a versatile landscape (from the flat-as- a-pancake Pannonian Plateau to the mighty High Tatras) not yet overcrowded by tourists. So go to Slovakia!

Plus, Finland is nice though not too warm. :smile:
Reply 21
jat
ahh too much food for thought! :smile:

haha I agree - Acapulco, heh I purposely avoided there. It's almost as bad as Cancun!

I went in low season and it was fantastic - almost empty :biggrin:
Reply 22
jat
OP
Narcissus
Nooooooooooo, don't go to Europe if you can go anywhere!! Christ! Europe is easy to get to when you're at Camb.

That was TOTALLY my plan - avoid Europe cos it's close to Camb. I'm gonna hit Cuba on the way back to visit home in about 6 months. MM canada. Maybe too culturally similar.

Yeah my only reservation about Brasil is that I'll have all my stuff with me for starting at Cam (well all my essentials in my pack - the rest of the stuff I'll have posted over); so if I lose all my stuff it'll be pretty hard to start....
Reply 23
jat
OP
Helenia
I went in low season and it was fantastic - almost empty :biggrin:

Well, I'll forgive you so long as you saw lots of Mx and used Acapulco only as a transit point. porfa...
Reply 24
jat
Well, I'll forgive you so long as you saw lots of Mx and used Acapulco only as a transit point. porfa...

I was only actually in Acapulco for about 3 days. The rest of the time was split between Mexico City and Cuernavaca - we saw a lot of the country around there. Acapulco was just a bit of a nice beach trip to start the holiday :wink:
Reply 25
jat
OP
Helenia
I was only actually in Acapulco for about 3 days. The rest of the time was split between Mexico City and Cuernavaca - we saw a lot of the country around there. Acapulco was just a bit of a nice beach trip to start the holiday :wink:

we're gonna have to swap mexican travel adventures.

Latest

Trending

Trending