The Student Room Group

help with transfer issues

I've been accepted to study law at undergraduate level in the UK, commencing this October. However, I now feel that I might be better suited to a liberal arts degree in the US but would preferably like to start studying this year as I already finished school in December 2009. As all the American deadlines have long past, do you think it's possible somehow to do one year in the UK and then transfer to America even if one had been taking law previously? The alternative is applying as a freshman but do you think American colleges look negatively at freshman applications after having done a year elsewhere?

I've looked at a ton of US colleges' websites, yet they're all quite vague concerning European transfer students due to the different systems. So, any advice would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
You would be considered an international transfer applicant where you will need to declare a major since law isn't a undergraduate major. However, you can do a concentration on a pre - law track. Certain US schools have pre - reqs for programs so check individual websites.

Georgetown University

http://uadmissions.georgetown.edu/applying_transfer_deadlines.cfm

Latest

Trending

Trending