The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you have an interest in law, then no a law degree is not boring.

Law =/= Economics.
(I did Economics (not for a degree), I have not done Law, but i'm pretty sure they are quite different )

Use UCAS.
Reply 2
.b
(edited 13 years ago)
If your thinking economics is anything like Law then i suggest you do more research my friend.
Reply 4
Nuffting

Economics and Law are both social sciences, and land economy seems to combine the two. I was simply wondering how much overlap there was.

Do a joint degree? I know a friend doing Law and Business. But I'm not sure they do Law and Economics (check on UCAS).

Or do an economics degree then a law conversion?

And read up on the Land Economy course outline and do more research on it.
Reply 5
Economics is nothing like law.
Personally, I think law sounds boring as hell- from what I've heard, a lot of it is memorising case studies- but if you have an interest in it, it won't be boring for you.
It's pretty boring, but you've gotta get through it if you want a career in law... so you just suck it up! Try and pick a Uni that has optional modules you'll enjoy though - that'll bring some light relief when you're wading through the dry compulsory rubbish. xx
This boy called me a "dirty sand n----r" in a neg rep. Pray he never becomes a lawyer.
Reply 8
riotgrrl
Economics is nothing like law.
Personally, I think law sounds boring as hell- from what I've heard, a lot of it is memorising case studies- but if you have an interest in it, it won't be boring for you.

Case studies=/= cases. Entirely different.

OP, history and law are very different subjects. Different methods, different sources, different goals, different approaches. Sure, history has a lot of influence on law (and to some extent vice versa). And you read a lot in history, and write arguments. But apart from that, they are worlds apart. There are also links between law and politics, law and philosophy, law and ethics, etc., depending what your interests are and how you approach law.

Latest

Trending

Trending