The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

There's one for Strand & Waterloo students.

And another for Guy's students.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Word of caution about the boat party. Although I didnt go on it myself (v.expensive - I was poor even in those heady days) I was told by those that went on it that it wasn't great.

But maybe she was just a kill-joy.
Reply 3
*Starts planning outfit*

Kingslaw - Which Fresher's events would you recommend? Apart from Tantra of course :smile:
Reply 4
Right - I'm officially ****ed up the arse. How the hell do you know all these stuff and all I know (from the letters, packs etc I've got) is that I'm going to King's College, I'm staying at Stamford Street Apts., I'm doing English Language and Comms. and that enrolment is 22nd of Sept.? What have I done wrong?
^^ It just proves that God has a sense of humour. :smile:
Reply 6
Dreama
*Starts planning outfit*

Kingslaw - Which Fresher's events would you recommend? Apart from Tantra of course :smile:

DO NOT GO TO A BOAT PARTY! My experince of a boat party was ghastly, and however nice the people going are, it will always be expensive, and drink fuelled. At the party I went to (only 3 months ago), a guy nearly got thrown overboard in a fight. Perhaps my experience may be the exception, or the rule, but I certainly wont be taking the risk!
Dreama
*Starts planning outfit*

Who's coming to Tantra?
dazmanultra
Who's coming to Tantra?

:itsme: me!

btw, this is referring to the law soc (bar soc?) freshers event, no?
kidney thief
:itsme: me!

btw, this is referring to the law soc (bar soc?) freshers event, no?

Yeah I didn't realise it had been publicised yet. It's not until the beginning of October (3rd I think) but it should be a great laugh - lots of students in some lush surroundings... i.e. none of the pretentious ****s you get in such places most of the time. :tongue:

Personally, I'd give the boat party a miss.

And oh, if you want to go to the first Phase, get your tickets early. They sold out quickly last year.
Reply 10
I'm sure i read somewhere that the boat party was pretty much unmissable...? :confused:
Reply 11
dazmanultra
Who's coming to Tantra?

I will!

Where do we get tickets for all these things? Including Phase...
Reply 12
The boat party was great last year! Maybe you people just don't know how to party? :wink:
Reply 13
JC87
Right - I'm officially ****ed up the arse. How the hell do you know all these stuff and all I know (from the letters, packs etc I've got) is that I'm going to King's College, I'm staying at Stamford Street Apts., I'm doing English Language and Comms. and that enrolment is 22nd of Sept.? What have I done wrong?

Don't worry, I haven't heard anything either :confused:
Reply 14
GengisKahn
^^ It just proves that God has a sense of humour. :smile:

Is that good or bad?
Good. Because if God didn't have a sense of humour, the Germans would be rulers of the world.
Reply 16
I'm sure i read somewhere that the boat party was pretty much unmissable...?

Uh huh, me too.

PS: Sabrosa your avatar is freaking me out :frown:
^^ I said that a few days ago as well. Sabrosa: is that your face?
Reply 18
GengisKahn
^^ I said that a few days ago as well. Sabrosa: is that your face?

:rofl:
Reply 19
HTale
At the party I went to (only 3 months ago), a guy nearly got thrown overboard in a fight.

? I thought there was just one boat party a year (that is, during Freshers week)? So are the boat party(ies) a regular thing at KCL?

Latest