Keele University
Keele

Scroll to see replies

I sure you'll be ok....... :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Thank you :smile: Also, are the flats mixed or not?
Emily-Sarah
Thank you :smile: Also, are the flats mixed or not?

Hey, don't panic! living in the flats is fun. the walk onto campus keeps you fit anyway!
Usually, they'll try and keep the flats single sex for first years. Although, they may put you into a flat with students who are in Year 2 or 3 if they have a spare room going.
Am sure you will get along fine with whoever you're in with, and you're bound to make other friends on your course too.
best of luck! x x
Reply 4
Aww thank you, that's reassured me! I was just really upset and scared cos I thought 'what if I don't get on with anyone?!' But there are people on other floors anyway aren't there? and in adjacent flats. And less people to share the kitchen and bathroom with :smile: So maybe it's not so bad.
Reply 5
How long does it take to walk from Hawthorns to the main campus? It only says '100m' further along on the map
Reply 6
It looked like almost 1km to the centre of campus when I measured it on the map with my fingers. Ugh that means no more laziness. Also for anyone who's been to Keele or at Keele, would a bike be useful to get around or not?
Reply 7
How do I know what my postal address is to fill forms out? Is it:

Z 03/3
Hawthorns Hall
Keele Village
Keele
Staffs
ST5 5DT

I don't know if the Z 03/3 thing is right that's all.
Yup, there are 3 flats on each floor, with 3 floors to each block. if my g.c.s.e maths serves me right that makes..36 people per block. so am sure you're bound to make a friend with someone out of that lot! there is usually lads on the bottom floors, and then girls on top :smile:
yup, you get a nice decent sized kitchen/lounge area. only thing that bugged me about living in flats is the lack of a shower! I reccommend you getting one of those shower-head attachment things to stick on the bath taps unless you want to wash your hair using a large cup to hold the water!

The walk onto campus.. depends on how fit/lazy you are! I don't think it would take anyone more than 20minutes. My mate used to amaze me by making it in under 10.
However, for some reason, it takes much longer walking back whilst drunk from the union!!

Bike.. you could take one. I know people who did. You have to consider storage and things like that. There are bike sheds and places to keep them whilst in lectures. But I dont think having a bike is essential really. I've been there for two years with no car and no bike and I've been fine! (although sayin that, I might bring up my car this year - lugging food shopping back on the bus has lost it's charm!)

any more questions feel free to ask :smile:
x x
Emily-Sarah
How do I know what my postal address is to fill forms out? Is it:

Z 03/3
Hawthorns Hall
Keele Village
Keele
Staffs
ST5 5DT

I don't know if the Z 03/3 thing is right that's all.

It'll be..
Room 3, Flat 3 (if thats what you are)
Block Z
Hawthorns
Keele Uni
Keele
Staffs
ST5 5DT
littletinker
only thing that bugged me about living in flats is the lack of a shower! I reccommend you getting one of those shower-head attachment things to stick on the bath taps unless you want to wash your hair using a large cup to hold the water!

I would prefer a bath....showers are too volatile for lil' 'ole me :redface:

Hawthorns seems, to me, like a nice place...probably will have more of a community feel to it also. :smile:
rainjan_4now
I would prefer a bath....showers are too volatile for lil' 'ole me :redface:

Hawthorns seems, to me, like a nice place...probably will have more of a community feel to it also. :smile:

haha, fair enough! I'm still a shower girl though!
sharing a bath with 3 other girls on a friday night before we go to the union can be interesting!
Hawthorns is a nice place. As it's off campus, it's like its own seperate community if you like. It has its own bar which is really good. So good that people from other Halls on campus come to use it. I really enjoyed living there. But I need my showers so thats why I'm not goin back in my last year. otherwise, I'd sign up like a shot.
Reply 12
Wow, thank you everyone! I'm overwhelmed by how kind people are in the Keele section of this website, everyone's always quick to respond with loads of information or just their thoughts/feelings! I'd pos rep everyone but already done it today. Damn. I'm actually looking forward to it now after reading this. And if the people in my block are as nice as on here, I won't have any problems :smile: yay!

Ps, thanks for the advice about the shower head thing, I'll definitely buy one cos I have long hair which is a pain to rinse with a cup/jug!
Reply 13
littletinker
haha, fair enough! I'm still a shower girl though!
sharing a bath with 3 other girls on a friday night before we go to the union can be interesting!
Hawthorns is a nice place. As it's off campus, it's like its own seperate community if you like. It has its own bar which is really good. So good that people from other Halls on campus come to use it. I really enjoyed living there. But I need my showers so thats why I'm not goin back in my last year. otherwise, I'd sign up like a shot.

wow! you get a bath
im going to miss my bath lol
emily-sarah im sure you'll enjoy it! :biggrin: keele seems so friendly
Angel M
wow! you get a bath
im going to miss my bath lol
emily-sarah im sure you'll enjoy it! :biggrin: keele seems so friendly

ha, yeah, I only had a shower in my first year, and missed my baths. then in my second i only had a bath and missed my showers... hmm.
yeah, good luck emily-sarah. you'll be fine! if you need any more questions answering or anything, just PM me.
xx
Reply 15
littletinker
ha, yeah, I only had a shower in my first year, and missed my baths. then in my second i only had a bath and missed my showers... hmm.
yeah, good luck emily-sarah. you'll be fine! if you need any more questions answering or anything, just PM me.
xx

im going to have to go home for my baths lol
at least i save money on bubble bath hehe :biggrin:
You have Templer bar, you'll be fine.
Rach
xxx
Reply 17
Thanks guys :smile:
I'm getting excited now. And maybe....maybe I will actually get fit with the walking - who knows!! There's a first for everything.

(If you see someone collapse on campus it's probably me after walking there for the first time. I am the definition of unfit)
Reply 18
Emily-Sarah
Thanks guys :smile:
I'm getting excited now. And maybe....maybe I will actually get fit with the walking - who knows!! There's a first for everything.

(If you see someone collapse on campus it's probably me after walking there for the first time. I am the definition of unfit)

lol bless ya
im totally unfit too hehe walking to med campus from lindsay court will be a mission haha
dont worry about collapsing im sure there will be ppl nearby to help you (joining you) :wink:
Reply 19
Hawthorns is lovely! You have Templar Bar and Select n Save up there and it's really not far to campus. My mate lived in the Hawthorns flats last year, and they look pretty cool really, she was put with girls who were all doing her course too which helped.

Latest