The Student Room Group

Law Degree... not sure what kind...

Firstly, hello to everyone.

Basically, I've decided I want to do a degree law-based, but I'm really not sure where or which type of Law, as it were, to do. I guess I'm looking for recommendations as well as any stories/advice you may have.

I've got an A in A2 Polish, and I'm expecting B or above in Philosophy, History and English Lit A2's this Summer. I've checked a few courses and these subjects seem to be acceptable as far as that is concerned. Please correct me if I have the wrong impression.

Also, I just wanted to know if you do law yourself, where, and if not/you are applying for 2006 entry, where you are looking for.

Many thanks.

Regards, Darek.
Reply 1
Basically, I've decided I want to do a degree law-based, but I'm really not sure where or which type of Law, as it were, to do. I guess I'm looking for recommendations as well as any stories/advice you may have.

The subjects you do tend to be fairly standard, as most are whats called "qualifying law degrees" meaning you usually study certain subjects to qualift for exemptions from further study if u want to become a solicitor or barrister (there are other threads on this). Beytond that, places sometimes have strengths in particular areas that you can find out by visiting that particular departments website.

I've got an A in A2 Polish, and I'm expecting B or above in Philosophy, History and English Lit A2's this Summer. I've checked a few courses and these subjects seem to be acceptable as far as that is concerned. Please correct me if I have the wrong impression.

You should be fine with that in most cases I think. Its best to check with the places you are applying to though just to double check.

Also, I just wanted to know if you do law yourself, where, and if not/you are applying for 2006 entry, where you are looking for.

Last year there was a big offers/ rejections thread for applicants which will probably happen again once the offers start to come in. This fab thread will also tell you where a lot of tsr members are doing law at uni.
Reply 2
Ah, I see. Thank you for your reply.

Well, thing is, I'm going to register and do the dreaded LNAT test, and apply definately for UCL, and most likely Liverpool.

However, incase I do not acheive the three A's needed for most of the "better" universities, can anyone recommend any lesser universities? I am not likely to get anything below a B, and as mentioned, already have an A in Polish.

I'm still looking into finalising which course exactly to do, and am also looking for advice on that front, I guess. I'm not sure whether to do a vanilla Law course, or perhaps mix it with something like Criminology or Philosophy/Psychology. Any advice or stories that helped you make your choices would be much appreciated.

Many thanks for taking the time to help.

Darek.

Latest

Trending

Trending