The Student Room Group
I just found it interesting and found the abilty to aid someone feel better emotionally and psychologically so rewarding.
Reply 2
I am reading Jo Brand's autobiography at the moment, my dad tells me there's some funny anecdotes from her nursing days :smile:

My inspiration was wanting to work with people in some way, and being interested in psychology and the mind. And so I thought that mental health nursing would be an area that would interest me, so I pretty much blindly went into it. Fortunately it was the right gamble for me, and 4 years on here I am :smile:
Reply 3
Yes Jo Brand;s autobiography is funny in terms of her stories about mental health and definitely encouraged my interest! I have not started yet but I hope that I still feel inspired once I have started the course!
Reply 4
because as terrible as it sounds a mental health nurse saved my life and the care i recieved from them was amazing. they helped me deal with my life and i am so thankful for this. they had hope when i didnt
Reply 5
all great reasons. so have you already started the course? has it lived up to your hopes and expectations?

Latest