The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

SU Bar work

I need to get a job when i get to birmingham because...well because i need money, working within the uni seems like a decent idea seeing as if I work off campus the holidays might be tricky. Working in the Bar seems ideal for me as i a) love people b) love flirting! does anyone know if you need any previous bar experience to work in the SU bar and also how much do they pay etc??

Thank you!

Tess :biggrin:
Reply 1
get yourself to the jobs fair in freshers week, that is when the guild jobs start to appear usually.

bar work is £5.38 an hour, and full training is given... *points at his signature*

I'm training this week, got 20 hours training in that, and 2 hours only is learning how to serve drinks...
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
tats seems pretty decent. any other jobs on a higher pay scale ?
i thought i might branch further afield and try and get a job at DP or something, i want the clothing allowance etc etc. but i spose a job within the uni would make sense...
Reply 4
you won't get higher than that in *any* retail around here, it is all minimum wage. i worked for £4.50 an hour at domino's and £5.06 an hour at homebase. joy of joy...

library work at uni pays something like £5.70 an hour but is hard to get. the bullring has a jobs website at www.bullring.co.uk too...

bars everywhere are always looking for people to work with them, really try not to get a job at the gun barrels though... :wink:
Reply 5
okies...will keep tat in mind!

Latest

Trending

Trending