The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
oh no not another "YOU DONT KNOW THE PAIN WE GO THROUGH" thread... give it a rest please
Reply 41
saalih
in fact it is insulting...

I think you're just looking for a reason to be angry.

If the mother to be doesn't mind, then it's fine. It's none of your business how they choose to show support for one another.
saalih
how easy it is for some men to simply say "we" are pregnant, to show solidarity or whatever...

no matter how hard he tries he will never feel/go through what a woman does when she is pregnant and when she delivers the baby......

i find that statement so ridiculous and stupid, in fact it is insulting...

If he is living with her then its not necessarily about solidarity. He may not have to go through what she does, but he will certainly have to deal with many things during the pregnancy. The stress of not being able to do anything about her pains to start with, having to deal with her emotions, the stress of becoming a dad and the 'i hate you, you did this to me' during labour.
You sound like a White Knight OP :facepalm:

Sort it out for goodness sakes
Reply 44
Jangrafess
Never really heard any man say 'we are pregnant' tbh. I've heard 'we're having a baby' or 'my partner's pregnant' or even 'I'm going to be a dad' but I think you're overreacting to something or other. The man's just excited because he's going to be a father! Let him have that ffs. He's not claiming that he's shoving the thing out of his jap's eye.

Haha this. Remind me to +rep :awesome:
Well, not only did the male help to create it but it seems that many (all?) males do undergo certain changes whilst a woman is carrying their child and shortly after it is born so..... YEAH.
The word "pregnant" just means "expecting". So technically the man is pregnant too, as it is his child (or so he thinks:wink:) that is being expected.
Well, this has probably gone far enough, well before it descends into something even more trivial and pointless. I think it's fair to say it's an overwhelming
'His baby too, let him have that. He hasn't said he's the one going through labour..' majority. :top:

Latest

Trending

Trending