The Student Room Group

changing course! help!

hi guys,

i was just wondering if anyone knows if universities let you change your course before starting, before results. i have firmed business management at the university of birmingham, however looking back, i would rather have chosen economics. both courses require AAB and i also do maths and am expecting an A. what do you think the chances are that they would let me switch?

cheers
Probably not at this stage - more likely they'd tell you to call on results day.
I think it's too late :/ you can try though.
WKRich
hi guys,

i was just wondering if anyone knows if universities let you change your course before starting, before results. i have firmed business management at the university of birmingham, however looking back, i would rather have chosen economics. both courses require AAB and i also do maths and am expecting an A. what do you think the chances are that they would let me switch?

cheers

I can't tell you how likely, but it is an option - contact Birmingham admissions and ask. If they agree, it will change on Track. If not, nothing will be any different.
It is probable that they will have allocated all of their places now, but there will be some students who fail to meet the terms of their offer. This means that it may be possible to change on results day. Remember that you are not obliged to go to the University, so you can always take a gap year if there are no places available in the 2010/2011 intake.
WKRich
hi guys,

cheers

You have to call, their are examples of this happening but its all dependant on the uni/faculty the amount of applicants/seats available. You just need to ask, no-one can give you a 'for sure' answer.
Reply 6
ok thanks, i'll give them a ring

Latest

Trending

Trending