Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Next September. As in Sept 2010, or Sept 2011?
Reply 3
I have a few friends doing aero. Bristol seems to generally be considered one of the best places to do it due to being the centre of UK aero industry. However the course is pretty hard. One has now swapped courses after first year, don't let that put you off though haha.

They seem to do bits of pieces of other engineering disciplines - structures, thermodynamics, bit of electronics.

Anything you want to know in particular?
Reply 4
What are the tutors like?

The surrounding city?

Just anything that sticks out in your mind :smile:
Reply 5
Shameless bump!
Reply 6
The problem with having lots of experts in their fields is that they are not always very good at lecturing. I know for instance that thermo was very badly taught. Several subjects are taught with other engineering disciplines, and maths is across the whole faculty. They do a lot of work in CAD and Autodesk Inventor as well.

Bristol as a city is great, reasonably big so has a good variety of clubs etc. Most halls are 35-40 mins away, although it's not as bad as it sounds.
Reply 7
Having to travel in the mornings wont be an issue, I could just get a bike :biggrin:

Would you say it is harder to study at Bristol than other unis? (excluding the elite)
Reply 8
Well I remember from my interview that the prof said that Bristol in league tables for aerospace (or it could of been just composite materials) is 2nd only to Imperial (i think? :/) and if the stats are rounded to the nearest 1% instead of 5% it would be 1st. Forgive my memory, I have the short-term memory of something worse than a goldfish.
I might even be teaching a module or two in the next few years :/ god forbid!
Reply 9
Haha! Which ones? Hopefully I'll be there!
Reply 10
Not sure, just remembered in the interview he mentioned that quite afew PhD students do teach some early year modules.

Latest

Trending

Trending