The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2011 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

SlyStallone
DB screen applications before asking you to sit the numerical but i cant see why the position of the test makes any difference as you have to pass it either way!

what sort of mark do you generally need btw? Barcap was first one i did, and all the ones since have actually gone pretty well i think (around 70%) but is this high enough?
Reply 981
iFapplying to IBD do u need to state which part of IBD you are interested in e.g. m&A in ur cover letter etc?
Reply 982
if applying to IBD are u supposed to state which part of IBD you are interested in e.g. m&A in ur cover letter? and also for the barcap app, the question where it states about the recent development that will effect ur division, are u supposed to link it to IBD or are u supposed to link it to M&A?
LSEfreak
if applying to IBD are u supposed to state which part of IBD you are interested in e.g. m&A in ur cover letter? and also for the barcap app, the question where it states about the recent development that will effect ur division, are u supposed to link it to IBD or are u supposed to link it to M&A?

It's best to be precise about what bit you want to go into. A vague answer about all divisions isn't going to look great on your app.
credit suisse app is crap. at what point would you say an application is at a ''late stage'' as in to the extent it would affect your chances? early october?
PAPAdawg
what sort of mark do you generally need btw? Barcap was first one i did, and all the ones since have actually gone pretty well i think (around 70%) but is this high enough?

As previously mentioned, i've heard some banks pass only the top percentage of the cohort of individuals who took the test before a certain date- however i now understand other banks just have a mark you need to get over- not sure which banks implement which system. 70% sounds pretty solid.
Anyone else heard back from RBS for GBM Markets?
Can anyone confirm that JPM Summers not open yet? Or is it my browser haahaa.
Reply 988
Does anyone know if CS automatically invites you to sit a numerical or whether they review the application first like RBS.
Reply 989
Has anyone been rejected by BarCap after taking the verbal test?
I had a glitch on the 26th question and couldn't answer the question or proceed to the subsequent questions. However the timer continued and my test was submitted. So I don't have an answer to any of the last 5 questions. I haven't received any rejection yet though. After contacting the technical support department they said that since they received the results there's nothing they can do and I should contact the admission people.

Im not sure if I should contact the admissions people to see if I can retake the test.
Reply 990
eivoquraf
Anyone going to UBS networking event on Wed? PM me if you are.

Yeah Im going, how did u guys find out about the event? I got it thru Rare myself!
amar09
Im not sure if I should contact the admissions people to see if I can retake the test.

what have you got to lose? if you've passed then everything's fine. If you've failed then you're going to fail - unless you try and do something
Reply 992
can someone tell me what other parts to IBD there are apart from m&A......
LSEfreak

How on earth can you be stupid enough to apply for something and not even know what it is? :facepalm2:
LSEfreak

ECM and DCM - the less soul-crushing parts of IBD. Real ballers go for markets though. :biggrin:
Reply 995
If you need help with apps PM me for some advice.
Reply 996
hey guys, I am searching for vacancies in J.P. Morgan (in their webpage) for a summer internship in Sales, Trading ans Research and there are no matches found! I have also tried other areas ie. IB Risk, IB etc and the same message comes up! Has anybody applied to JPM? Am I doing something wrong?
Mr.Carter
Does anyone know if CS automatically invites you to sit a numerical or whether they review the application first like RBS.

Automatically, I have my application saved on their site and it warns you that you'll have to sit two tests upon application.
Reply 998
Potintern
hey guys, I am searching for vacancies in J.P. Morgan (in their webpage) for a summer internship in Sales, Trading ans Research and there are no matches found! I have also tried other areas ie. IB Risk, IB etc and the same message comes up! Has anybody applied to JPM? Am I doing something wrong?

Apps aren't open yet. But the term natural selection comes to mind....
LSEfreak

M&A, Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets.

Anyway M&A is where it's at... coming in for 9am and leaving at 2am XD

But with DCM and ECM you get up with the traders and leave with the IBD. aka, worst of both worlds.

I'm doing M&A as it interests me the most + I cannot possibly get into work at 6am, I am dead to the world :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending