The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2011 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Oldboy5745
I typed mine in but I'm pretty sure it allows you to use the copy and paste functions if that's what you mean.

I tried it and when i right clicked to paste my answer in the box, there was no reaction :frown:
mike9999
I also got the straight rejection from citi. Received a day after application.

Just got an email from DB saying I've been invited to take a numerical test within 7 days, bout a week after application.

Thanks for the reply.

I still haven't heard anything from Citi but I have sat my DB numerical test.
Just withdrawn from RBS.

Gonna keep my BarCap app to see if and when I get a phone interview, just out of interest.

Gonna accept UBS :smile:
Reply 1583
eivoquraf
Just withdrawn from RBS.

Gonna keep my BarCap app to see if and when I get a phone interview, just out of interest.

Gonna accept UBS :smile:

Nice one mate. If I ever get on the next AC I might be seeing you next summer lol :rolleyes:

Do you have any idea how many spaces there are for equities S&T?
Milch
Nice one mate. If I ever get on the next AC I might be seeing you next summer lol :rolleyes:

Do you have any idea how many spaces there are for equities S&T?

Yeah hopefully! You definitely want to pick UBS, not just because it's usually #1 for equities but then you will get the honour of meeting me.

Not sure, but they've filled some up from spring week - my estimate is around 5 - 6 people, then as far as I know I'm the only one who got an offer out of the four people that were there....so my estimate is roughly 40% of places have been filled - this is a complete and utter guess though!

BTW I can't believe you still haven't heard back wrt your AC - maybe you should drop them an e-mail?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1585
On the Goldman app there's no option for summer internship as the position preference. Am I missing something?
rye225
On the Goldman app there's no option for summer internship as the position preference. Am I missing something?

This is what my application states:

"What position are you applying for? Summer Analyst
Division Investment Banking/Corporate Finance
Sub Division Investment Banking "
Reply 1587
c12andn15

My only options are Six month placement, off cycle placement and spring insight
Reply 1588
c12andn15

problem solved, i double clicked submit and i was trying to apply for a second programme lol, thanks for the help
Reply 1589
For proudest achievement can you put stuff you did when you were 11 i.e. got a black belt in karate?
really hate these q's :angry:
Reply 1590
eivoquraf
Yeah hopefully! You definitely want to pick UBS, not just because it's usually #1 for equities but then you will get the honour of meeting me.

Not sure, but they've filled some up from spring week - my estimate is around 5 - 6 people, then as far as I know I'm the only one who got an offer out of the four people that were there....so my estimate is roughly 40% of places have been filled - this is a complete and utter guess though!

BTW I can't believe you still haven't heard back wrt your AC - maybe you should drop them an e-mail?

Haha yeah definitely :p:

Kk hopefully there's still a few spaces left then.

I emailed them last weekend and she just repeated what she said on the phone: she'll try and get me on the next AC but can't guarantee it lol.
rye225
problem solved, i double clicked submit and i was trying to apply for a second programme lol, thanks for the help

So,, GS allows us to make a second application?
One for summer internship, one for placement or longer-term internship?
Reply 1592
elva2sam
So,, GS allows us to make a second application?
One for summer internship, one for placement or longer-term internship?

Yup
rye225
Yeah I was there! Yup, UBS app submitted now. Just working on my GS one atm. How about u?

Submitted a few, will probably do UBS tomorrow. I feel like I've left it too late after all that woman said, lol. oh well.
yoyo462001
I heard you were hot :sexface:

You sound hot yourself :sexface:
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
haven't really done anything yet. I'm still working on the BNP competency Qs but that's because i got a bit lazy and put it off lol but i want to have it done by the end of next week at least. I've also decided on going for UBS equities and i'll hopefully be writing a CV and CL for that - the page says upload the CV and CL so i assume they want both.

Still contemplating over 2 off cycle internships though.....

how about you?

Got BNPP and UBS out the way, should be done with Barcap by tommrow and hopefully DB by sunday/monday. Think I'll stop and wait a bit to see how these go. Which Off cycles?
yoyo462001
Got BNPP and UBS out the way, should be done with Barcap by tommrow and hopefully DB by sunday/monday. Think I'll stop and wait a bit to see how these go. Which Off cycles?

Did you upload your CV/CL for BNPP in the end then? i can't seem to find anything so i guess not? Also was UBS just a CV and CL? I better get a move on lol

What's open for barcap and DB? last time i checked, nothing was there :frown:

No particular off cycle in mind as i don't even know if they exist lol but apparently there's a trading one for barcap, there may be one for MS and i think JPM do them - however the same problem exists with dates.
(edited 13 years ago)
maghreblover
You sound hot yourself :sexface:

Lol, pics or gtfo!
c12andn15
Thanks for the reply.

I still haven't heard anything from Citi but I have sat my DB numerical test.

How was the test, similar to the other banks?

Not hearing anything probably means your app got past their automated screening so that's good.
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Did you upload your CV/CL for BNPP in the end then? i can't seem to find anything so i guess not? Also was UBS just a CV and CL? I better get a move on lol

What's open for barcap and DB? last time i checked, nothing was there :frown:

No particular off cycle in mind as i don't even know if they exist lol but apparently there's a trading one for barcap, there may be one for MS and i think JPM do them - however the same problem exists with dates.

Yeah Barcap have operations/Tech/Finance and DB operations. BC did actually have Sales but it was for Frankfurt :sigh:. UBS was CV/CL BNPP wasn't any.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending