The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
umbrella3000
I tried to force myself to drink some beer yesterday and hated it! And some red wine - it actually made me feel a bit sick. Will it be seen as bad to order a lemonade when everyone else will be drinking beer? (presumably)

No, I was teetotal for half a year and it was fine - nights out were boring, mind you.

Order a coke though, lemonade is just gay
Just have red bull or something else. Plenty of people don't drink man.
hate alcohol 2 why dnt u try someting like smirnoff ice WKD or try mixing lemonade and vodka it dosent taste gross and u can blend in quicker
Reply 4
hottie-a-fola
hate alcohol 2 why dnt u try someting like smirnoff ice WKD or try mixing lemonade and vodka it dosent taste gross and u can blend in quicker

Men who drink alcopops = gay
Reply 5
umbrella3000
I tried to force myself to drink some beer yesterday and hated it! And some red wine - it actually made me feel a bit sick. Will it be seen as bad to order a lemonade when everyone else will be drinking beer? (presumably)

If anyone asks, you are the designated driver, and that you sacrificed gave up a night out to help your mates out. Chicks will love that.
Reply 6
Just jam with the muzzies.
smirnoff ice doesnt taste of alcohol try that......

mind you beer>alcopops

but I think youll prefer them!!
Dnator
Men who drink alcopops = gay

By that logic, girls who drink pints = lesbians? :woo:
Beer tastes like bubble bath to me
Kiwiguy
If anyone asks, you are the designated driver, and that you sacrificed gave up a night out to help your mates out. Chicks will love that.

This is a legit excuse if you have a car, so i would do this if i were you.

Otherwise just find a drink you like, vodka and irn bru is pretty nice if your not into beer but your missing out, nothing better than cracking open a cold one.
Reply 11
Get a vodka and coke; it's the most manly drink that isn't beer, lager, cider, shots etc.

Tbh i know where you're coming from OP; i used to love beer (most types anyway) then i went on holiday and managed to hate it; i literally felt sick everytime i drank it but kept on trying as i knew i liked it. I'm hoping i like it again in time for uni though. In your case i wouldn't have any problems with someone who doesn't drink or find it unusual, plenty of people don't drink. I would try the vodka and coke though cause it doesn't taste much like beer and is alcoholic and manly. And don't order a lemonade whatever you do past 9pm.
i'd say drink alcopops until you can wean yourself onto some proper booze but alcopops are godawful and i just can't bring myself to endorse them. maybe try something less awful like vodka and orange juice or vodka and coke. i dunno. i used to hate beer when i started uni and then i just grew to like it. dunno if it was aging or just more exposure to it or what.

or you could just not drink but that's not something i can provide any advice on whatsoever
I don't particularly like beer to much either.
Beer tastes like piss and is too bitter.

Ony beer I can say I genuinely like is Carlsberg tbh.
Reply 15
Try alcopops, or coke or red bull mixers.

If you decide not to drink at all though, there really is no problem. No one will force you to drink and no one will say anything of you for not drinking - the ones that do you should not be around.
Reply 16
ilickbatteries

You got it
Reply 17
ilickbatteries

Well, no, that's by your logic as you assume that men and women are the antithesis of each other.
Reply 18
umbrella3000

Fruity bottles? Breezers, wkd?
You can say you are allergic to alcohol :tongue:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alcohol-intolerance/DS01172

Latest

Trending

Trending