The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling General Chat Thread

A thread for Stirling Uni students to discuss this and that.

First thing on the agenda... Autumn 2010 timetables are up :woo:

http://www.aro.stir.ac.uk/academic/timetables/timetables-current-semester.php

Go forth and discover your lecture times :p:

For feshers...here's a little help to find your classes etc.

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
F Pass Info

http://www.stirlingstudentsunion.com/events/index.php?page=event&event_id=467953

Not all the information is there.

If you plan on going to the union every night it's a good idea, if not it's your decision, but the ministry of sound nights will fill up incredibly fast :p:
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
ha nice to see last years freshers helping us newbies out!

in regards to the timetables, are we most likely to get out top preferences with modules?

just curious so i can check out my timetable :biggrin:
Reply 3
Can i still get an f-pass if i'll be u-18 at the start of uni?
Reply 4
Yes, it says so on the union website.

You will not be able to buy drink in the union however.
Reply 5
EEEEEEEP!
Hopefully I'm going to Stirling in a wee while :biggrin: will just have to see what Thursday brings!!
Stirling is my insurance, but over the summer I've convinced myself I'm not getting into queens (my firm) and I really really want to go to stirling now! :biggrin:

so yeah... hope to see you there :wink:
Reply 6
Leahcar
EEEEEEEP!
Hopefully I'm going to Stirling in a wee while :biggrin: will just have to see what Thursday brings!!
Stirling is my insurance, but over the summer I've convinced myself I'm not getting into queens (my firm) and I really really want to go to stirling now! :biggrin:

so yeah... hope to see you there :wink:

If you change your mind and you do meet your grades you can always bail remember and see if stirling will take you anyway :smile:
Reply 7
If it happens, it's probs best to phone stirling to make sure they'll take you before phoning queens to say "Btw, i don't really want to come here" :smile: Wouldn't want to get yourself out of a course only to find that actually, they won't take you :P

It's possible to get moved uni's though, my aunt moved from Dundee to Strathclyde. Albeit if plans go ahead and my family immigrate to Australia, quite how i'm going to say "Hey guys, how do you feel about sanctioning a cross-continent move" i have no idea.
Reply 8
I hate how the F pass has an entry time with it.
I like to stumble into places around 12 o'clock or so :P
I probably wouldn't get one either way...
Got my F pass :biggrin: and attempted to decipher the timetable but didn't have much luck haha
Reply 10
Ronar
If you change your mind and you do meet your grades you can always bail remember and see if stirling will take you anyway :smile:

Awk I wouldn't be arsed with all the hassle :p: and anyway I should be happy that I got better grades :smile:
Although as I said, I really don't think I'm for getting in :p:
my_dog_cassie
Got my F pass :biggrin: and attempted to decipher the timetable but didn't have much luck haha

What modules are you doing? I'll give you a hand.

I can't remember what it's like to be in first year.
Reply 12
I have no clue WHATSOEVER about any of this timetable malarky! I'm just gonna wait til I know whether I'm in Stirling or not, and if so beg one of you awesome TSRians to help me with all the scary stuff I gotta do :biggrin:

haha
Reply 13
Leahcar
I have no clue WHATSOEVER about any of this timetable malarky! I'm just gonna wait til I know whether I'm in Stirling or not, and if so beg one of you awesome TSRians to help me with all the scary stuff I gotta do :biggrin:

haha

So what happened? :p:
Reply 14
SaaraS
do you guys think the f-pass is a must? i'm not sure about going to the union every single night. :rolleyes:

It's up to you, if you want to skip ques etc its good, if you dont mind waiting and being possibly disappoined then dont lol

I dont think im getting one unless they let me be on the fteam and i get a free one anyway :p:
SaaraS
do you guys think the f-pass is a must? i'm not sure about going to the union every single night. :rolleyes:

Not at all. I only went to one event during freshers week and then spent the rest of the time trying out pubs and the few clubs in town. The Union here is quite bad (and not even that cheap) and don't even get me started on the people in charge.
Reply 16
Ronar
So what happened? :p:

I don't buckin know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Queens are in "decision pending" mode
I've met my reqs for Stirling, only just missed them by one grade for Queens, so Queens are deciding what to do with me now >.<

Do you think Stirling will still accept me even if this decision pending thing takes up to a week?! (apparently, that's what I've been told....)

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
Leahcar
I don't buckin know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Queens are in "decision pending" mode
I've met my reqs for Stirling, only just missed them by one grade for Queens, so Queens are deciding what to do with me now >.<

Do you think Stirling will still accept me even if this decision pending thing takes up to a week?! (apparently, that's what I've been told....)

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Yes. I can't see why not if they've agreed to take you if you miss your Queens grade.
Reply 18
marieisfab
Yes. I can't see why not if they've agreed to take you if you miss your Queens grade.

Awk I hope so!! lol
As long as I get somewhere I'm happy! :biggrin:
Reply 19
Ronar
It's up to you, if you want to skip ques etc its good, if you dont mind waiting and being possibly disappoined then dont lol

I dont think im getting one unless they let me be on the fteam and i get a free one anyway :p:

I think I probs will just for the fact that if i want to go to something, i've got the option.

By the way, I don't know if you've already sold that politics book, but I don't need it. My aunt's got a copy of the same one and the price is right - £0.

Quick Reply

Latest