The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Honestly, I need advice rather than being called a moaner, sorry if people feel that I'm exaggerating; but I've reall high expectations for myself.
Reply 21
Jin3011
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Maths - A
Psychology - A

I'm not happy for some reason.
out of all my A's in every module I got a B in unit 2 biology but an A for bio overall. I'm really down because of this.:sad:
Should I resit the module next year?

Advice please!

Btw, congrats to everyone else.

I wouldn't resit - those results are perfectly fine!
I am in the same situation as you, appart from I got under 90% in one test instead of a B. I hate how everyone thinks you are being a nob when you don't jump for joy. I am getting mine remarked.
Reply 23
Sternumator
I am in the same situation as you, appart from I got under 90% in one test instead of a B. I hate how everyone thinks you are being a nob when you don't jump for joy. I am getting mine remarked.

Yeah, It's quite irritating.
Reply 24
Just be happy you can go t the uni you want.
hey, i got a B in BIOL2 last year which pulled my whole grade to a B and I got over it, so stop being pathetic
Reply 26
wow did u make this thread 2 make pp feel bad and show off? cos thts just low!
I think you would feel better if you got 3As and 1B.
TBF though, from what i've seen, this years AS were easier than usual, lotsa people getting high marks in physics, chemistry and maths, other subjects were a lot harder though...
My poor mates got arse raped in geology lololololol.
Reply 28
Reply 29
I would be disappointed too, those are awful grades, everyone knows the further down the alphabet you go, the more potential employers and universities will respect you.
Resit if you want, but it isn't going to make any difference
Reply 31
lazytomato
hey, i got a B in BIOL2 last year which pulled my whole grade to a B and I got over it, so stop being pathetic

pathetic in what way though? I just need advice -goshh:p:

Anyways, congrats on your grades, what did you do differently to get them so high?
Reply 32
I don't now what you are moaning about...
You have got way bettere grades than I have...
I am disappionted with my grades but that just means that I will have to work harder nexy year...
I'm going to resist some of my exams hoping to get a better grade...
But if I was in your position I would not retake anything...
But if it will make you feel better I thing you should...
Especially if youo know that you can do better...
But its all up to you...
Add up the Pro's and Con's of retaking the exams and them make up your decision from them...
But YES I would be more than happy with them AS results...
They would be my Ideal AS Results...
Reply 33
Mobs25

I made this thread to get advice on wether to resit or not. Whereas you may think the grade itself is fine, the individual units are what are affecting me as I'd need to work harder in my A2 units to get the require ums.
I just want to know wether it would be wise to resit.
Reply 34
"My son/daughter got a B? IN AN AS MODULE? How will I be able to show my face in the community, my Singh's son got all A's!"
lol ******* hell.
Kindly **** off.
Reply 37
if you seriously think you can get better marks, resit.

however, you're not going to get many serious responses if you're not happy with straight A's O_O
Reply 38
AAAA and you're disappointed!?! I mean, I have high expectations of myself and I got AABC. Gonna retake the B and C, which is fair enough. One of my As is made up of an A and a C. I'm just happy I got the A. Jeez, quit feeling sorry for yourself when you got STRAIGHT As damnit T_T
Reply 39
Nesselphie
if you seriously think you can get better marks, resit.

however, you're not going to get many serious responses if you're not happy with straight A's O_O

I guess your right, however, the actual grade I'm cool with, its just that the B has made my overall grade a low A, so I have to get a more ums marks in my A2 modules.

Latest