The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Ib results

Hello,

My son has just got his ib results and hasn't got what he needed in chemistry. He needed a 6 and got a 5. He did get the overall total score he required though. What is his next step? Should he speak directly to the uni he wants to go to? He wants to study Biochemistry at Lancaster.

Thanks
Original post by Chestersal
Hello,

My son has just got his ib results and hasn't got what he needed in chemistry. He needed a 6 and got a 5. He did get the overall total score he required though. What is his next step? Should he speak directly to the uni he wants to go to? He wants to study Biochemistry at Lancaster.

Thanks

Essentially, yes, inform Lancaster and ask what they will do.

One likely option is that they will keep him on hold until they get the A-level results in August and then compare him to other near misses.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
*HE* should PHONE LANCASTER in the morning.
NOTE: universities won’t receive formal IBO results until tomorrow (no specific time provided by UCAS) so even if they are able to accept him with lower grades it might take a day or two for them to get and process that decision.

They should be able to give timescales over the phone and confirm whether they have the results or are still waiting for them to come through.

Some exam centres don’t select to share results with UCAS and so require extra time and work for universities to verify results manually with IBO
Hello,

Thanks

Hi @Chestersal

I would recommend contacting the admissions team to ask about your specific case.
You can ring them on +44 (0)1524 592028.

Hope that helps!

-Tineke
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Reply 5
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @Chestersal

I would recommend contacting the admissions team to ask about your specific case.
You can ring them on +44 (0)1524 592028.

Hope that helps!

-Tineke

Thank you....he did contact admissions who were very helpful....and to cut a long story short he was accepted. So he is off to Lancaster and is delighted.
Thank you....he did contact admissions who were very helpful....and to cut a long story short he was accepted. So he is off to Lancaster and is delighted.

Hi @Chestersal

Great, glad to hear that there was a happy outcome! Best of luck to your son for his degree. Let me know if you have any questions about student life at Lancaster!

- Tineke

Hi @Chestersal

Super excited for your son! I've just finished my second year of biochemistry at Lancaster and I'm loving it here so far - I'm currently on internship in the labs and I'm off on placement year in September. If your son (or you!) have any questions about studying here I'd be happy to answer! :smile:

Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending