The Student Room Group

Clearing help!

I called a uni on Thursday about getting a place through Clearing. The admissions lady I spoke to seemed positive about it, but as I am just short of the grades they want but I apparently have a strong general application - she said to call next week and that it should be fine.

I'm a bit worried though, because the course has been taken off UCAS and their website. Does this mean they have filled all their places completely and assigned all the clearing applicants to places? Or is there still a chance for me, if I call her next week?
Reply 1
bump
Luxor
I called a uni on Thursday about getting a place through Clearing. The admissions lady I spoke to seemed positive about it, but as I am just short of the grades they want but I apparently have a strong general application - she said to call next week and that it should be fine.

I'm a bit worried though, because the course has been taken off UCAS and their website. Does this mean they have filled all their places completely and assigned all the clearing applicants to places? Or is there still a chance for me, if I call her next week?

There are many reasons that a course can be taken out of Clearing, including rethinking the strategy, waiting for all current Clearing offers to be added or expire, and the course is full up.

Only the uni know what their reason is; best to phone them as soon as you can.
Reply 3
TheSownRose
There are many reasons that a course can be taken out of Clearing, including rethinking the strategy, waiting for all current Clearing offers to be added or expire, and the course is full up.

Only the uni know what their reason is; best to phone them as soon as you can.

Could it be that (for example), they have 20 Clearing places for a course, and they've received 40 Clearing applications (that were not rejected on calling), and a lot of them are ones which they are still deciding about?
Luxor
Could it be that (for example), they have 20 Clearing places for a course, and they've received 40 Clearing applications (that were not rejected on calling), and a lot of them are ones which they are still deciding about?

It could be, yes.

Honestly, speculation is not helpful. Just ring them up on Monday and see what they say. :smile:
Reply 5
TheSownRose
It could be, yes.

Honestly, speculation is not helpful. Just ring them up on Monday and see what they say. :smile:

Sure, thanks for your advice.

And, I doubt she would have told me to ring next week (with such a positive tone on it) if she knew they would probably be full up.

Latest

Trending

Trending