The Student Room Group

Barts and the London Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by the-general
yeah i've got the same article, how long have you known about your interview because i only found out today

I found out last Friday :biggrin:
Reply 781
Original post by Narik
It was just the blood from the umbilical cord that they used. No tissue from the twins themselves was taken.

For the article, I've got 3 main arguments against it - and a few counter-arguments for each. Is that enough? I'm guessing it's more about how I explain each point.

As far as the science is concerned, I don't think it's important to learn about it much - I presume they're much more interested in the ethics. However I do think that it's a good to know a little about aplastic anaemia i.e. it's an auto-immune disease. :smile:

Will they expect us to know about similar 'saviour siblings' stories in the past or am I just going OTT? :colondollar:

thanks. i was just getting a bit confused... ( thats 2 of my points against gone :frown: )
yeah not too much detail for the science and i havent really looked into other saviour sibling cases as i think i read somewhere there have been like 250!
Reply 782
Medicz
-

I personally agree with allowing saviour siblings to be created, but I'm probably going to give a balanced viewpoint in the interview.

grey's
-

250 in the UK? Really? I thought the HFEA were really strict about it i.e. all families have to apply individually for PGD. There have only really been two main families in the UK news, because of the whole 'saviour siblings' debate.
Reply 783
Original post by Narik
I personally agree with allowing saviour siblings to be created, but I'm probably going to give a balanced viewpoint in the interview.

250 in the UK? Really? I thought the HFEA were really strict about it i.e. all families have to apply individually for PGD. There have only really been two main families in the UK news, because of the whole 'saviour siblings' debate.

not in the uk... :tongue:
Reply 784
Original post by Narik

Haha, im exactly the same.
Reply 785
Interview this Thursday. :zomg:
Original post by AspiringToBe
Hi all, good luck to those who have interviews! I also got my interview! This article is quite interesting, but I'm still on the fence to be honest, but probably just need a few days to think about it. And I got 700 on UKCAT before anyone asks :wink:

The thing is we don't know what they're going to ask us!! So my best advice is create a bullet point summary of the article; pick out 2 or 3 key ethical dilemmas (I have two) and form an argument against it. Then come to your own conclusion...

Don't worry. It's gonna be fine. Hopefully :P when's your interview?? :biggrin:
Just wanted to wish whoever has an interview tomorrow or Friday the best of luck! - I am sure you will be fine. :h:
It'll be interesting to see the discussion on here come thursday evening :p: I really wanted to come help out but i have timetabled practicals :frown: I may come mill around the Garrod beforehand anyway, if you see my fro don't hesitate to come say hi :h:
Reply 789
Original post by Medicz

Original post by Medicz
Source ?:biggrin:

do you know the ratio for dentistry for barts?
Reply 790
Interview tomorrow. :zomg:
Original post by Narik

Best of luck!
Best of luck those with interviews in the next couple of days, I would come help out and annoy you guys but some of us have exams to revise do :erm:

I'm sure you'll all come back and be happy with how it goes :smile:
Reply 793
Original post by Narik

Goodluck Narik!!:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 794
Original post by ankito
do you know the ratio for dentistry for barts?

No clue, who would wanna do Dentistry anyway. It sucks :biggrin:
Reply 795
does anybody know what time the admissions office closes? ive just tried ringing to let them know im stuck in spain and gatwicks closed so i cant make the interview tomorrow but no answer! ive sent an email too but am worried they wont read it before my interview time..... ugh stupid snow!

this was my friend on my account, shes making one for herself now :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 796
Original post by shani182x
does anybody know what time the admissions office closes? ive just tried ringing to let them know im stuck in spain and gatwicks closed so i cant make the interview tomorrow but no answer! ive sent an email too but am worried they wont read it before my interview time..... ugh stupid snow!

Try call Queen Mary, they might be able to help.
It was a waste of money getting this ISC book! There's too much detail and too many questions! Even if you read it you probably wouldn't absorb half of the information in it... lols. I'd rather think on the spot thanks....
Original post by Coke Or Pepsi
It was a waste of money getting this ISC book! There's too much detail and too many questions! Even if you read it you probably wouldn't absorb half of the information in it... lols. I'd rather think on the spot thanks....

Agreed!
Original post by The Maestro
Agreed!

I'm not even looking at it anymore to be quite honest. It's just confusing me with everything that I do know already by giving me "answers" - I don't want other people's answers!! I want my own and my own opinions hmmph :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending