The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

heyjennyjenny
I don't think that's true, my friend managed to get A's in both Maths and French.

Anywho MATHS IS SO FRIGGING HARD.

No one is good at everything.

And yes it is :eek3:
Reply 21
physics or chemistry
Reply 22
Maths and chemistry :frown:
It depends on what your strengths are. Those with naturally logical minds can do very well in areas like maths and the sciences, but would perhaps struggle in more open-ended creative subjects like philosophy and history. Although, with A-Levels it seems that if you have a good memory you can be good at anything haha.

I'd definitely nominate chemistry and philosophy as the toughest A-Levels. Philosophy because it demands a broad range of understanding in very abstract areas, and also requires a genuine interest to stimulate your mind, and chemistry... well, it's just damn difficult.
It depends on what YOU find hardest. So many people find Maths hard, or Further Maths... I didn't have many problems with them.. English on the other hand, even at GCSE, I found pretty tough. It just depends on who you are.
AQA Applied ICT. Absolute nightmare of a course. They seem to tell you to do one thing, then mark you down for not having down something completely different. The horror of my A Levels...
Reply 27
probably English, Further Maths
gameworm1
I'm doing English, Biology, R.S and History. I have been told that Biology is very difficult but I'd like some other opinions. Just interested.

:woo:

my chemistry told me that some organisation did a study on students to find what subject they found hardest and they look at their exam papers and stuff like that and they found out the Chemistry and Spanish is the hardest. But thats just one study. He said Biology is quite hard but claims that chemistry is harder. I dont know personally, i'll find out next week because i will be doing Biology and Chemistry, a long side A2 maths and history.
lol biology is just a joke, sorry but I did all 3 sciences and biology didn't even begin to compare to physics or chemistry.

Biology is all reading and memorising the crap, no different to GCSE level really...just more content. I would say further maths is most difficult, simply because the option modules go on to such advance levels e.g. FP3, FP4, M4, M5 etc.
Personally, Chemistry (OCR Salters) was so hard! I had to work harder for an A in that than for an A* in my other three subjects...
No A level is the easiest, and no A level is the hardest - it's all subjective.

/
maths for me! mind u, philosophy aint a complete doddle
this thread is so daunting, I'm doing chemistry and philosophy, faahhkk
Further maths.
I don't care if you're some kind of cyborg-enhanced descartio-newton hybrid, FP3 is hard.
Media Studies.

Wait, scratch that. Health and Social care.

*awaits stoning*
philosophy. i'm going to shoot myself soon.. it's baffling.
chemistry
Reply 38
General Studies
Reply 39
I don't do biology, but my friend, who did it for AS, said to a GCSE student "Whatever you do, do not pick Biology, it will destroy your life." Maybe she's just not very good then ^^

Latest