The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Beska
Apparently Nottingham are big on manual dexterity this year. What's that jazz about?

Where did you hear that?? Sounds more relevant to dentistry to me. :s-smilie:
Reply 61
Carpet21
Where did you hear that?? Sounds more relevant to dentistry to me. :s-smilie:

I thought so too. Apparently it was a big point at their open day this year, according to this post.
Reply 62
I really liked Nottingham's self-catered, but since my girlfriend got into Nottingham this year and is staying in Broadgate, I've really changed my mind. Seeing self-catered first hand really shows catered to be a bit old fashioned. It's also easy enough to cycle down University Boulevard from Broadgate, park your bike at the Biomedical Sciences building and walk over the med school bridge. I think I am warming to self-catered. :shy2:
Reply 63
Notts admissions policy is an enigma :s-smilie:

Beska
I thought so too. Apparently it was a big point at their open day this year, according to this post.

For some reason, I seem to think manual dexteritry is scored on the basis of the questionaire :confused:
Reply 64
Organ
Notts admissions policy is an enigma :s-smilie:

For some reason, I seem to think manual dexteritry is scored on the basis of the questionaire :confused:

I seem to remember that last year.

There is a question that is like "why do you have good manual dexterity?" and I chose "First Aid". I didn't get in, so..
Reply 65
is 690 in ukcat and A* A* A ( already achieved good enough for nottingham )
Reply 66
Diva123
is 690 in ukcat and A* A* A ( already achieved good enough for nottingham )

No, that sounds a terrible application :rolleyes:
Reply 67
Organ
No, that sounds a terrible application :rolleyes:

im only asking because i keep hearing other things about how u need 700 and above. So should i apply to nottingham ????
Reply 68
My application has been sent. Any ideas on how long it takes to get sent the e-mail with the questionnaire?

Im really nervous. I feel i have fluffed my UKCAT. I got 652.5:s. would my GCSE's of 6A* and 4A be enough to get me an interview with my UKCAT scores??

thanks
Beska
I really liked Nottingham's self-catered, but since my girlfriend got into Nottingham this year and is staying in Broadgate, I've really changed my mind. Seeing self-catered first hand really shows catered to be a bit old fashioned. It's also easy enough to cycle down University Boulevard from Broadgate, park your bike at the Biomedical Sciences building and walk over the med school bridge. I think I am warming to self-catered. :shy2:

The thing I've noticed about BP is that they seem to have less hall spirit than any of the catered halls on University Park (although it is definitely there), either because the people there are more independently minded, or because there are just so many of them. That may not be important to you, but I quite like it.

Besides, with the amount of contact hours I have, not having to cook as well is very nice indeed.
Reply 70
It's so competitive to get in anywhere.

I have 6A* and 4A at GCSE and UKCAT of 652.5 average. Are these grades good enough for interview?

Cheers
Reply 71
Fission_Mailed
The thing I've noticed about BP is that they seem to have less hall spirit than any of the catered halls on University Park (although it is definitely there), either because the people there are more independently minded, or because there are just so many of them. That may not be important to you, but I quite like it.

Besides, with the amount of contact hours I have, not having to cook as well is very nice indeed.

Where exactly do you "hang out" in one of the catered halls? There's no kitchen to sit in, or whatever.
Beska
Where exactly do you "hang out" in one of the catered halls? There's no kitchen to sit in, or whatever.

Well, every hall has a bar and a JCR with plenty of seating, plus pool tables, air hockey and a great big TV. My hall also has a really nice cafe open at lunch, but not everywhere has that.

Failing that, you can always hang out in somebody's room.
Reply 73
Fission_Mailed
Well, every hall has a bar and a JCR with plenty of seating, plus pool tables, air hockey and a great big TV. My hall also has a really nice cafe open at lunch, but not everywhere has that.

Failing that, you can always hang out in somebody's room.

If I'd go catered, it's Lenton & Wortley 'till I die. :p:
Beska
If I'd go catered, it's Lenton & Wortley 'till I die. :p:

Halls until July, we're medics till we die.
Reply 75
Fission_Mailed
Halls until July, we're medics till we die.

Which halls are you in?
Beska
Which halls are you in?

I'm one of the Lenton Rangers.
Reply 77
Fission_Mailed
I'm one of the Lenton Rangers.

:hmmm:
Reply 78
I would love to know how Notts really pick people. I wish every med school published a Leicester style admissions policy.
Beska
:hmmm:

Why :hmmm:? I thought you wanted to be in L&W?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending